You can’t fill an empty space unless it’s enclosed/joined. Take the white arrow tool, highlight the 2 upper endpoints on the 2 left lines and hit CTRL+J to join them, then do the same for the lower endpoints. That will enclose the space then allow you to add color.
How do you fill gaps in Illustrator?
To get over this, with a Live Paint group selected, you can choose Object > Live Paint > Gap Options to specify that gaps of a certain size (which you define- small, medium, large or custom size) will close filled areas.
Is there a paint bucket tool in Illustrator?
Painting in Illustrator
Using the live paint bucket tool will allow you to add color and paint areas quickly and easily. … Then, simply select the live paint bucket tool from the tool menu. Click inside of the area that you want colored and the vector will fill in with the current fill color.
How do I fill a textbox with color in Illustrator?
Choose the Direct Selection Tool (white arrow) from the Toolbox. Click and release once on a corner handle of the text box itself – the Options Bar should change from Type (as shown in the screen shot above) to Anchor Point. Change the stroke and fill as described in the Working With Color section.
How do I check for gaps in Illustrator?
Choose Object > Live Paint > Gap Options and specify any of the following:
- Gap Detection. When selected, Illustrator recognizes gaps in Live Paint paths and prevents paint from flowing through them. …
- Paint Stops At. Sets the size of the gap paint can’t flow through.
- Custom. …
- Gap Preview Color. …
- Close Gaps With Paths. …
How do I fill a shape with color in Illustrator?
Select the object using the Selection tool ( ) or the Direct Selection tool ( ). Click the Fill box in the Tools panel, the Properties panel, or the Color panel to indicate that you want to apply a fill rather than a stroke. Apply a fill color using the Tools panel or the Properties panel.
How do I change the color of a vector in Illustrator?
To Change Artwork Colors
- Open up your vector artwork in Illustrator.
- Select all desired artwork with Selection tool (V)
- Select the Recolor Artwork icon at the top middle of your screen (or select Edit→EditColors→Recolor Artwork)
Where is the fill tool in Adobe Illustrator?
Click the “Fill” icon in the Tools panel or press “X” to activate the Fill tool. The Fill tool icon is the solid square of the two overlapping squares in the Tools panel. The other square, which has a black box in the middle, is for the outer edge of the object, known as the stroke.
How do I shape a text box in Illustrator?
Follow these steps:
- Use a Point or Area Type tool to create a type object. Alternatively, select an existing type object on the artboard.
- Do one of the following: Choose Type > Fill With Placeholder Text. Right-click the text frame to open the in-context menu. Select Fill With Placeholder Text.
Why does my text have a pink background in Illustrator?
1 Correct Answer. The pink background indicates that the font being used by that text is not installed on your computer. The pink background indicates that the font being used by that text is not installed on your computer.
How do you close gaps in Photoshop?
- duplicate original Layer to temporary Layer.
- On temporary Layer, use Gaussian Blur with setting to about 1/3 the maximum gap (this closes the gap)
- Select outside figure with tolerance set to 0.
- Select > Modify > Expand (amount o pixels depends on blur amount yet it would be just a few pixels).
Why would you choose enable guides for 9 slice scaling when creating a symbol?
To prevent users from thinking the feature was broken, Adobe unlocked guides so that you can just edit a symbol, edit the guides, and get out. Nice if you care about 9-slice scaling and Flash workflows, but I can’t imagine that the majority of Illustrator users (who don’t currently use Flash) are happy about this.