How do you explode something in Illustrator?
There is no built in feature to explode a shape. Here’s what you can do though. Use the Direct Selection Tool (The white arrow) to click the center of the path on one side. Edit Copy, then Edit > Paste In Back.
How do you break a stroke in Illustrator?
Split a path
- Select the Scissors tool and click the path where you want to split it. …
- Select the Knife tool and drag the pointer over the object. …
- Select the anchor point where you want to split the path, and then click the Cut Path At Selected Anchor Points button in the Control panel.
Can you explode lines in Illustrator?
Click in the middle of the straight line to make a break in the path. Two new endpoints will appear on the original path. Alternately, click on the anchor point of the path you want to split. Select “Cut Path At Select Anchor Points” from the Control panel.
How do I Unjoin a shape in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser ( ) tool to see and choose the Knife ( )tool.
- Do one of the following: To cut in a curved path, drag the pointer over the object. …
- Choose Select > Deselect. Note: …
- Click and drag each part using the Direct Selection ( ) tool.
What tool lets you cut objects and paths?
The Scissors tool splits a path, graphics frame, or empty text frame at an anchor point or along a segment. Click and hold the Eraser ( ) tool to see and choose the Scissors ( ) tool. Click the path where you want to split it. When you split the path, two endpoints are created.
Which two panels can you use to change the stroke weight of an object?
Most stroke attributes are available via both the control panel and the Stroke panel.
How do you smooth a path in Illustrator?
Using the Smooth Tool
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.
How do I convert a path to a shape in Illustrator?
To convert a path into a live shape, select it, and then click Object > Shape > Convert to Shape.