How do we use a layer mask to blend two images together?
What you learned: Make a creative composite by combining images using a layer mask
- Start with a document that has at least two images, each on a separate layer. Select the top image layer in the Layers panel.
- Click the Add layer mask button in the Layers panel. This adds a white layer mask to the selected layer.
How do I insert an image into a layer mask?
Copy what you want to paste then select the layer you wish to paste as the mask and click add layer mask and it will be pasted automatically. Select the clipping mask by Alt + Click . This will make the layer editable. Make sure that what you have copied is an image and not a Photoshop layer.
How do I blend one image into another in Photoshop?
Depth of field blending
- Copy or place the images you want to combine into the same document. …
- Select the layers you want to blend.
- (Optional) Align the layers. …
- With the layers still selected, choose Edit > Auto-Blend Layers.
- Select the Auto-Blend Objective:
How do I copy and paste a layer mask?
In the Menu Bar, choose Select > All or use the shortcut, Ctrl A (Mac: Cmd A). Choose Edit > Copy to copy the mask. Click on the mask thumbnail of the layer that needs the mask. In the Menu Bar, choose Edit > Paste to paste the mask contents.
How do I turn a layer mask into a black and white photo?
Make sure the blacks in your image are completely black, and the whites are completely white. I like to mess around with this a bit by selecting the layer I want to use AS the mask, clicking “Image” at the top, then mousing over “Adjustments” and then selecting “Levels.” Ctrl/Cmd + L works as well.
What is the shortcut key of Blend tool?
To select a blend mode from your keyboard, press and hold your Shift key, along with your Alt (Win) / Option (Mac) key, and then press the letter that’s associated with the blend mode. For example, the first blend mode I chose earlier was Multiply.
How do you blend pictures without Photoshop?
With these easy-to-use online tools, you can combine photos vertically or horizontally, with or without a border, and all for free.
- PineTools. PineTools lets you quickly and easily merge two photos into a single picture. …
- IMGonline. …
- OnlineConvertFree. …
- PhotoFunny. …
- Make Photo Gallery. …
- Photo Joiner.