Resetting preferences can be helpful if you are having problems with the application. Do one of the following: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Illustrator. Your current settings are deleted.
How do I reset Illustrator to default settings?
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut
Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.
How do I reset Illustrator cs6 preferences?
How do I reset my preferences?
- Windows users: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift as you start Illustrator.
- Mac OS users: Option+Command+Shift as you start Illustrator.
How do I clear the cache in Illustrator 2020?
How to Clear the Cache on Illustrator CS5
- Turn off Illustrator or any other Adobe application you have running.
- Go to the folder holding the Adobe cache. You will find it in the following path: …
- Select the “AdobeFnt*. lst” file and delete it. …
- Go to the folder holding the Windows cache. …
- Select the “FNTCACHE.
Where can you reset your Essentials workspace?
Select the Default or Essentials workspace from the workspace switcher in the application bar. Select Window > Workspace > Reset [Workspace Name].
How do I change preferences in Illustrator?
Set a preference
- Do one of the following: (Windows) Choose Edit > Preferences > [preference set name]. (macOS) Choose Illustrator > Preferences > [preference set name]. …
- Select an option from the menu on the left of the Preferences dialog box to switch to another preference set.
How do I delete Adobe preferences?
Deleting the preferences
- Select the Finder menu > Go > Go To Folder…
- Paste: ~/Library/Application Support/Frameio/
- Delete the Frameio folder if it exists.
Where is the Illustrator Options dialog box?
When you are done working on the document in Adobe Illustrator, click File > WebCenter > Export > Adobe Illustrator (ai) . In the Illustrator Options dialog box, set the options as desired and click OK. Use the browser to navigate to the location where you want to save the file.
How do I reset text in Illustrator?
To reset your tools to default with the standard type tool first on the type tool list click on the three dots at the bottom of the tool bar and then choose reset from the pull-down menu as shown below. For more information about this feature see Illustrator CC 2019 (23) : Customizable toolbars tutorial – YouTube .
How do I reset keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator?
Clear shortcuts from a command or tool
- Choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.
- In the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box, select the command or tool name whose shortcut you want to delete.
- Click Clear.
- Click OK to exit the dialog box.
How do you reset app preferences on Mac?
How to reset Mac software: The easy way
- Download CleanMyMac X (for free) and launch the app.
- Go to the Uninstaller tab.
- Choose the app you want to reset.
- Click near the box next to it.
- Choose Reset.
- Click Reset button.