Make a selection in your file in Photoshop. You can use a Marquee, the Magic Wand, or the Lasso Tool. Once the selection is active (you see the “marching ants” around the selection), open the Refine Edge window by right-clicking the selection and choosing Refine Edge.
How do I refine the edges of an image in Photoshop?
Select the Refine Edge Brush Tool on the left side, or press “R” on the keyboard. Brush over the areas you want Photoshop to refine. Feel free to adjust the size and type of the brush in the brush drop-down menu to be as accurate as you need. To refine the selection further, you can also check Decontaminate Colors.
How do you refine edges in Photoshop 2019?
How to Refine Edges in Photoshop CC
- Step 1: Make a Selection. Start with making a rough selection of your subject. …
- Step 2: Open Refine Edge. Where is Refine Edge in Photoshop? …
- Step 3: Select a View Mode. …
- Step 5: Adjust the Edges. …
- Step 4: Refine Selection. …
- Step 5: Output Your Selection.
Where is the Refine Edge button in Photoshop 2020?
The Refine Edge Brush can be found under the “Select and Mask” feature, on the top left panel.
- Use Refine Edge Brush to Enhance Your Selection. …
- Now since the dog is the subject of the photo, we can use another great feature in Photoshop 2020 called “Select Subject”, as shown below:
What happened to refine edge in Photoshop?
Refine Edge worked great, and everyone was happy. But in Photoshop CC 2015.5, Adobe replaced Refine Edge with Select and Mask, a new all-in-one workspace for both making and refining selections. Adobe claimed that Select and Mask was better than Refine Edge, but not everyone agreed.
Why can’t I find Refine Edge in Photoshop CC?
This will duplicate the layer – add your mask and turn off the original layer.To get to the old refine edge, you need to have a selection made then go to the select menu and hold down the shift key whilst clicking on Select and Mask in the menu.
How do I feather edges in Photoshop 2020?
To feather an image, follow these steps:
- Create a selection. For the nonfeathered image shown on top use the Elliptical Marquee tool to make a selection. …
- Choose Select→Modify→Feather.
- In the Feather dialog box that appears, type a value in the Feather Radius text field, and then click OK.
How do you refine edges in Photoshop cs6?
You can apply Refine Edges to any selection, and it appears on the Options bar of the Marquee, Lasso, Magic Wand, and Quick Selection tools. You can even use it to refine a layer mask. You can also apply this command to any existing selection by choosing Select→Refine Edge.