1Open the multilayer image that you want to edit in Elements. 2In the Layers palette, click the layer that you want to edit. 3Make the changes you want to the active layer. 4Choose File→Save to save your work.
How do I edit layers in Photoshop?
To change the order of layers and layer groups, do any of the following: Drag the layer or group up or down in the Layers panel. Release the mouse button when you see a highlighted line at the position where you want to place the selected layer or group. To move a layer into a group, drag a layer to the group folder .
How do I unlock layers in Photoshop Elements?
Lock or unlock a layer
- Click the Lock all pixels icon in the Layers panel, to lock all layer properties. Click the icon again to unlock them.
- Click the Lock Transparency icon in the Layers panel, to lock the transparent areas of the layer, so that no painting occurs in them. Click the icon again to unlock.
Can you do layers in Photoshop Elements?
In Photoshop Elements 11, you can place elements on separate layers yet show them together to create a composite. You can also add, delete, or rearrange layers. And, unlike using real sheets of acetate or physical materials, you can adjust an element’s opacity, or how opaque or transparent the element is on the layer.
How do I edit a layer?
To edit a layer mask:
- Select the layer mask thumbnail in the Layers panel. …
- Next, choose the Brush tool from the Tools panel, then set the Foreground Color to white.
- Click and drag your image to reveal areas in the layer. …
- Set the Foreground Color to black, then click and drag your image to hide areas in the layer.
What are Photoshop layers?
Photoshop layers are like sheets of stacked acetate. … You can also change the opacity of a layer to make content partially transparent. Transparent areas on a layer let you see layers below. You use layers to perform tasks such as compositing multiple images, adding text to an image, or adding vector graphic shapes.
How do you move an image onto a layer in Photoshop?
To move an image on a layer, first select that layer in the Layers panel and then just drag it with the Move tool located in the Tools panel; it doesn’t get any simpler than that.
How do I lock a layer in Photoshop?
To lock a layer, select it in the Layers panel and select one or more of the lock options at the top of the Layers panel. You can also choose Layer→Lock Layers or select Lock Layers from the Layers panel menu.
How do I unlock text layer in Photoshop?
If you want to lock a group of layers you can select multiple layers and then click the Lock button. You’ll now see a little padlock symbol beside each locked layer. To unlock a layer, simply select it and click the Lock button again. The padlock symbol should disappear.
Is Photoshop Elements the same as Photoshop?
There are two different versions: Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop Elements is the less expensive version of the two products and with that comes some limitations. It is designed for users who require fewer features and not as many complex options as Photoshop.
How do I change the layer of an image?
Just follow these short steps:
- Select the Smart Object layer in the Layers panel.
- Choose Layer→Smart Objects→Replace Contents.
- In the Place dialog box, locate your new file and click the Place button.
- Click OK if you’re presented with a dialog box, and the new contents pop into place, replacing the old contents.
How do I edit text in a layer in Photoshop?
Edit text in an image
- To edit text on a type layer, select the type layer in the Layers panel and select the Horizontal or Vertical Type tool in the Tools panel. Make a change to any of the settings in the options bar, such as font or text color.
- When you’re finished editing, click the check mark in the options bar.