2 Select the Shape Builder tool ( ) in the Tools panel. Click and drag from one shape to another. The triangle and ellipse are combined into one shape. Click and drag with the The resulting combined shape.
How do I merge shapes and lines in Illustrator?
Click “Edit” at the top of the screen, then “Paths.” Select “Join.” The ends of the lines that you select will be joined together. Repeat with any remaining lines that you want to join together.
How do you group images together in Illustrator?
Select the first object with the Selection tool and then hold down the Shift key and click a second object. Choose Object→Group or press Ctrl+G (Windows) or Command+G (Mac).
Which tools can be used to combine shapes?
Use the Blob Brush tool to edit filled shapes that you can intersect and merge with other shapes of the same color, or to create artwork from scratch.
How do you move a group of objects in Illustrator?
Move multiple objects at once
- Select one or more objects.
- Choose Object > Transform > Transform Each.
- Set the distance you want to move the selected objects in the Move section of the dialog box.
- Do one of the following: To move the objects by the specified amounts, click OK.
How can you group text objects together?
Press and hold CTRL while you select the shapes, pictures, or objects that you want to group. , and then click Group.
How do you expand an object in Illustrator?
- Select the object.
- Choose Object > Expand. If the object has appearance attributes applied to it, the Object > Expand command is dimmed. In this case, choose Object > Expand Appearance and then choose Object > Expand.
- Set options, and then click OK: Object.
Which tools can be used to combine shapes in Illustrator?
You use the Pathfinder panel (Window > Pathfinder) to combine objects into new shapes. Use the top row of buttons in the panel to make paths or compound paths. To make compound shapes, use the buttons in those rows while pressing the Alt or Option key.
How do you turn a shape into a path?
Click on the Shape layer in the Layers palette and open the Paths palette. You will see the shape path there – double click it and give the new path a new name such as path1 and press Ok. Now remove the original shape layer by clicking it and press Delete and you will be left with just your path.