An administrator (admin) password is the password to any Windows account that has administrator level access. … Not all user accounts are set up this way, but many are, especially if you installed Windows on your computer yourself.
How do I find out my administrator password?
On a computer not in a domain
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
How do I find my administrator password on Windows 10?
How to Reset Administrator Password in Windows 10
- Open the Windows Start menu. …
- Then select Settings. …
- Then click on Accounts.
- Next, click on Your info. …
- Click on Manage my Microsoft Account. …
- Then click More actions. …
- Next, click Edit profile from the drop-down menu.
- Then click change your password.
Is administrator password the same as login password?
An administrator account password is also the login password. An administrator can create additional administrator accounts and standard accounts.
How do I get my computer to stop asking me for an administrator password?
Press the Windows key , type netplwiz, and then press Enter . In the window that appears, click the local administrator profile (A), uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer (B), and then click Apply (C).
Who is my admin?
Your administrator might be: The person who gave you your username, as in firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone in your IT department or Help desk (at a company or school) The person who manages your email service or web site (in a small business or club)
How can I reset my standard administrator password?
Step 1: Follow the arrows to open Command Prompt: Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Select Run as administrator. Step 2: Type: net user use_name new_password to reset the user password.