Why is my Wi-Fi not connecting to my phone?
If your Android phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi, you should first make sure that your phone isn’t on Airplane Mode, and that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If your Android phone claims it’s connected to Wi-Fi but nothing will load, you can try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and then connecting to it again.
How do I connect to Wi-Fi on my Samsung phone?
Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network on my Samsung Device
- Swipe down to access your Quick Settings and tap on. to turn on your Wi-Fi settings.
- Tap on the word Wi-Fi to view available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the Password then tap Connect.
How do you fix your phone when it wont connect to Wi-Fi?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
What do I do if my WiFi is connected but no Internet access?
The problem is then at the ISP’s end and they should be contacted to confirm and resolve the issue.
- Restart your Router. …
- Troubleshooting from your Computer. …
- Flush DNS Cache From Your Computer. …
- Proxy Server Settings. …
- Change the wireless mode on your Router. …
- Update outdated Network drivers. …
- Reset your Router and Network.
Why won’t my Samsung phone connect to WiFi?
There are a few settings on your device that may be preventing you from connecting to Wi-Fi. Check that your settings are correct for Wi-Fi access. Once you’ve changed your settings, try and connect to Wi-Fi again. … Switch off your Wi-Fi router at the wall and wait 2-3 minutes before turning it back on.
How do I find my WiFi on my Samsung phone?
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- If necessary, tap the Wi-Fi Switch to ON. …
- A list of networks populates.
- Tap the MORE to add a Wi-Fi network that does not display.
- Tap the desired Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
- If necessary, enter the password.
How do I connect to WiFi on my phone?
To connect an Android phone to a wireless network:
- Press the Home button, and then press the Apps button. …
- Under “Wireless and Networks”, make sure “Wi-Fi” is turned on, then press Wi-Fi.
- You may have to wait a moment as your Android device detects wireless networks in range, and displays them in a list.
How do I get to my WiFi settings?
Swipe down from the top of the screen. Touch and hold Wi-Fi . To move between listed networks, tap a network name. To change a network’s settings, tap the network.
How do I find my SSID on my Android phone?
- From the Apps menu, select “Settings”.
- Select “Wi-Fi”.
- Within the list of networks, look for the network name listed next to “Connected”. This is your network’s SSID.
How do I fix my WiFi on my Android?
How to Fix WiFi Connection on Android Phone Tablet
- 1 Restart the Android Device. …
- 2 Make Sure the Android Device is in Range. …
- 3 Delete the WiFi Network. …
- 4 Reconnect the Android Device to the WiFi. …
- 5 Restart the Modem and Router. …
- 6 Check the Cables to the Modem and Router. …
- 7 Check the Internet Light on Modem and Router.
How do I fix my WiFi connection?
Step 1: Check settings & restart
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect. …
- Press your phone’s power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart .