What devices does Intune support?
Mobile device management with Configuration Manager using Microsoft Intune supports the following mobile device platforms:
- Apple iOS 9.0 and later.
- Google Android 4.0 and later (including Samsung KNOX Standard 4.0 and higher)*
- Windows 10 Mobile.
- PCs running Windows 10 (Home, Pro, Education, and Enterprise versions)
Does Microsoft Intune support Android?
Company Portal and the Microsoft Intune app enroll your device in Intune. Intune is a mobile device management provider that helps your org manage mobile devices and apps through security and device policies.
Do I need Microsoft Intune?
Requires a paid subscription for Microsoft Intune or can be purchased with Enterprise Mobility Suite. If you use Intune by itself, you manage devices using the Intune admin console. Devices you can manage. Cloud-based management for iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
Does Windows Intune support Blackberry?
Microsoft Intune currently does not support Blackberry devices (and it’s unlikely that it ever will).
Does intune require Azure?
Intune can be managed through the Azure portal or the Configuration Manager Current Branch console. Unless you need to integrate Intune with a Configuration Manager Current Branch deployment, we recommend that you manage Intune from the Azure portal. Set your MDM authority to Intune to enable the Intune Azure portal.
Is intune included in e3?
For a quick overview of the four products that are included in Microsoft EMS: Azure Active Directory Premium. Microsoft Intune.
Comparison of Enterprise Mobility and Security E3 and E5.
|Feature||EMS E3||EMS E5|
|Azure Active Directory||P1||P2|
4 more rows
What is Microsoft Intune used for?
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based enterprise mobility management tool that aims to help organizations manage the mobile devices employees use to access corporate data and applications, such as email.
How do I register my Android phone with Intune?
To enroll your Android device in Microsoft Intune, perform the below steps. Open the Google Play store. Search for the app Intune company portal and select the app. Open the Intune Company Portal app.
How do I register a device to Intune?
These steps describe how to enroll a device that runs on Windows 10, version 1511 and earlier.
- Go to Start. If you are on a Windows 10 Mobile device, continue to the All Apps list.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Accounts > Your account.
- Select Add a work or school account.
- Sign in with your work or school credentials.
What is device enrollment in Intune?
Intune lets you manage your workforce’s devices and apps and how they access your company data. When a device is enrolled, it is issued an MDM certificate. This certificate is used to communicate with the Intune service.
Is Microsoft Intune free?
Sign up for a Microsoft Intune free trial. Trying out Intune is free for 30 days.
Does Microsoft 365 include Intune?
Yes, Microsoft 365 Business subscribers are licensed to use full Intune capabilities for iOS, Android, MacOS, and other cross-platform device management.
Is Microsoft Intune any good?
Microsoft Intune Review. Microsoft Intune has a wide range of mobile device management capabilities. The platform gives you cloud-based control over mobile devices and personal computers at an individual or business-wide level. Intune is compatible with many different operating systems, not just Windows-based ones.
What is intune o365?
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service in the enterprise mobility management (EMM) space that helps enable your workforce to be productive while keeping your corporate data protected. Similar to other Azure services, Microsoft Intune is available in the Azure portal.
How much is Microsoft Intune?
Licensing costs. If you want to license just Intune, the cost is $6 per user per month. It climbs to $11 per device per month if you want Software Assurance (including the rights to upgrade your Windows licence to Enterprise) and the Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack.
Does intune require Azure AD premium?
Azure AD Premium is required to configure automatic MDM enrollment with Intune. If you do not have a subscription, you can sign up for a trial subscription .
Does intune require SCCM?
However, in Microsoft’s conception, it’s a choice between the so-called “standalone” Intune service for device management and the so-called “hybrid” SCCM software. Intune is a multiplatform (Android, iOS and Windows) MDM and mobile application management service. However, it also can be used to manage desktop PCs.
How do you set up intune in Azure?
Enable Windows 10 automatic enrollment
- In the Azure Portal select Azure Active Directory and then click “Mobility (MDM and MAM) and select “Microsoft Intune”
- Configure MDM User scope. Specify which users’ devices should be managed by Microsoft Intune.
What does e3 include?
E3 also includes other data management functions like archiving, rights management, and document-level encryption, advanced emailing, access control for emails and documents, intelligent search and discovery features that allow you to easily pick up required content from Office applications, SharePoint, and Delve.
What does EMS e3 include?
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) is what you need to secure your corporate data. Users use various devices and apps to access corporate data. Organizations are now forced to change the way they deploy or manage access control; identity and leverage data encryption.
Does Azure AD premium p1 include Intune?
Azure Active Directory comes in four editions—Free, Basic, Premium P1, and Premium P2. The Free edition is included with an Azure subscription. With Azure AD Free and Azure AD Basic, end users who have been assigned access to SaaS apps can get SSO access to up to 10 apps.
How do I set up a work device?
I already have a work account on my device
- Open the Google Apps Device Policy app .
- When asked to set up a work profile, tap Next or Set up.
- To start setting up your work profile, tap Set Up.
- To allow your administrator to monitor and manage your work profile, tap OK.
How do I configure Knox?
How to find and download Samsung My KNOX for Android
- Launch the Google Play Store from your Home screen or from the app drawer.
- Tap the search button on the top right of your screen.
- Type My KNOX into the search field.
- Tap the search button on the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap Samsung My KNOX.
- Tap Install.
How do I configure Microsoft Intune company portal app?
Install and sign in to the Company Portal app
- Open the App Store and search for intune company portal.
- Download the Intune Company Portal app.
- Open the Company Portal app, enter your work or school email address and password, and then tap Sign in.
What is device enrollment program?
The Device Enrollment Program (DEP) helps businesses easily deploy and configure Apple devices. DEP simplifies initial setup by automating mobile device management (MDM) enrollment and supervision of devices during setup, which enables you to configure your organization’s devices without touching them.
How do I install Intune client?
Download the Intune client software
- In the Microsoft Intune administration console, click Admin > Client Software Download.
- On the Client Software Download page, click Download Client Software.
- Extract the contents of the installation package to the secure location on your network.
How do I join Azure AD?
To join an already configured Windows 10 device
- Open Settings, and then select Accounts.
- Select Access work or school, and then select Connect.
- On the Set up a work or school account screen, select Join this device to Azure Active Directory.
Photo in the article by “Moving at the Speed of Creativity”