On most systems if you installed Apache with a package manager, or it came preinstalled, the Apache configuration file is located in one of these locations: /etc/apache2/httpd. conf. /etc/apache2/apache2.
Where is Apache located on Linux?
All the configuration files for Apache are located in /etc/httpd/conf and /etc/httpd/conf. d . The data for websites you’ll run with Apache is located in /var/www by default, but you can change that if you want.
Where is Apache www folder?
The default document root for Apache is /var/www/ (before Ubuntu 14.04) or /var/www/html/ (Ubuntu 14.04 and later).
How do I know if Apache is installed on Linux?
How to Check the Apache Version
- Open terminal application on your Linux, Windows/WSL or macOS desktop.
- Login to remote server using the ssh command.
- To see Apache version on a Debian/Ubuntu Linux, run: apache2 -v.
- For CentOS/RHEL/Fedora Linux server, type command: httpd -v.
Where is Apache config file Linux?
On most systems if you installed Apache with a package manager, or it came preinstalled, the Apache configuration file is located in one of these locations:
- /etc/apache2/httpd. conf.
- /etc/apache2/apache2. conf.
- /etc/httpd/httpd. conf.
- /etc/httpd/conf/httpd. conf.
How do I access Apache?
To connect to the server and access the default page, launch a browser and enter this URL:
- http://localhost/ Apache should respond with a welcome page and you should see “It Works!”. …
- http://127.0.0.1/ …
How do I access Apache config file?
1Log in to your website with the root user via a terminal and navigate to the configuration files in the folder located at /etc/httpd/ by typing cd /etc/httpd/. Open the httpd. conf file by typing vi httpd. conf.
How do I check my Apache status?
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I check if a service is running in Linux?
Check running services on Linux
- Check the service status. A service can have any of the following statuses: …
- Start the service. If a service isn’t running, you can use the service command to start it. …
- Use netstat to find port conflicts. …
- Check xinetd status. …
- Check logs. …
- Next steps.
How do I know if Tomcat is installed on Linux?
Using the release notes
- Windows: type RELEASE-NOTES | find “Apache Tomcat Version” Output: Apache Tomcat Version 8.0.22.
- Linux: cat RELEASE-NOTES | grep “Apache Tomcat Version” Output: Apache Tomcat Version 8.0.22.
How do I install Apache?
- Step 1 – Download Apache for Windows.
- Step 2 – Unzip.
- Step 3 – Configure Apache.
- Step 4 – Start Apache.
- Step 5 – Check Apache.
- Step 6 – Install Apache as a Windows service.
- Step 7 – Monitor Apache (optional)
Where is the conf file in Linux?
- Generally system/global config is stored somewhere under /etc.
- User-specific config is stored in the user’s home directory, often as a hidden file, sometimes as a hidden directory containing non-hidden files (and possibly more subdirectories).
What is the httpd conf file?
The httpd. conf file is the main configuration file for the Apache web server. A lot options exist, and it’s important to read the documentation that comes with Apache for more information on different settings and parameters.
Where is Apache config file windows?
It is located at:
- UNIX: ORACLE_HOME /Apache/Apache/conf.
- Windows: ORACLE_HOME ApacheApacheconf.