Hi Kathy, that message indicates permission was given to allow your iphone or ipad to access your Google account and google products and services on your google account. iOS is simply the name Apple gives to their operating system. If you do not own an Apple device, you may want to take steps to secure your account.
What does granting access to Google mean?
To help you safely share your data, Google lets you give third-party apps and services access to different parts of your Google Account. … This app may request access to your Google Calendar and Contacts to suggest times and friends for you to meet up with.
Is it safe to grant iOS access to your Google account?
With iOS devices, there is no OS-level association with a Google account. Therefore, there is no already-authenticated component that Google Sign-In can leverage to achieve its goal. As a result, you must enter your Google username and password directly into a screen that is presented by the application.
How do I cancel iOS access to my Google account?
Stop signing in with Google
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app . At the top right, tap your profile picture or initial. Manage your Google Account. …
- At the top, tap Security.
- Scroll down to “Signing in to other sites” and tap Signing in with Google.
- Tap the app or service you want to remove. Remove Access.
What does it mean Macos was granted access to your linked Google account?
This is because you are using SSO (Single-Sign-On) on a web page by clicking somewhere on a Google icon to sign on with that, versus signing on direct with a user-name/password in a non-web direct-access sort of way.
Should I allow Windows access to my Google account?
it is safe to use outlook for your mail with your gmail account. windows (nor microsoft) will do anything with your gmail account. it only enables you to carry out the functions.
How can I tell if someone has access to my Gmail account?
The best way to tell if someone else has used our account is to scroll down the Gmail inbox and look for “Last account activity” in the bottom right. Clicking on Details produces a nice table that shows how someone accessed the account (browser, mobile, POP3 etc), their IP address, and the date and time.
How do I secure my Google account?
Make your account more secure
- Step 1: Do a Security Checkup. …
- Step 2: Update your software. …
- Step 3: Use unique, strong passwords. …
- Step 4: Remove apps & browser extensions you don’t need. …
- Step 5: Protect against suspicious messages & content.
Why can’t my Google account go here?
Important: If your child signs in through the Settings app on their device, they will see a “Couldn’t sign you in” or “Looks like your Google Account can’t go here” error message. … You may need to enter your own Google Account password to give permission.
Does Google account work on iPhone?
The Google Account data you choose will sync with your iPhone or iPad. To see your content, open the corresponding app. You can change which content from your Google Account syncs with the Apple apps on your device. You can also remove your Google Account from your Apple apps at any time, which stops syncing.
How can I remove a device from my Google account?
How to remove a Google account from an Android phone
- Open your phone settings. Open your settings. …
- Tap on “Accounts” (it may also be listed as “Users and Accounts,” depending on your device). Pick the account you want to delete. …
- Tap the account you want to remove and then click “Remove Account.” Tap “Remove account.”
How do I unlink a Gmail account?
Unlink your address
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap the Menu .
- Scroll down, then tap Settings.
- Tap the Gmail account you’d like to unlink from your other account.
- In the “Linked Account” section, tap Unlink account.
- Choose whether to keep copies of emails from the account.
How do I remove a device from my Gmail account?
Remove computers & devices from your trusted list
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google. Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. You might need to sign in.
- Under “Devices you trust,” tap Revoke all.
How do I allow my Mac to access my Google account?
Adding a Google Account using macOS on your Mac
- Go to System Preferences (find this icon on your Dock) …
- Choose Internet Accounts.
- Click on Google on the right-hand side of the new window that pops up. …
- You will then be shown a Google Sign-in screen asking for your Email or phone number.
How do I remove OSX from my Google account?
To revoke an app’s access to your Google account, click on the app to select it, then click Remove Access.
What is macOS Gmail?
The Mail app in macOS is like most other email clients, letting you add email accounts from your favorite email provider so that you can send and receive email messages with ease. This means you can access your Gmail account through Mail. … In the Choose a Mail account provider screen, select Google and click Continue.