Step 1: Open Internet Explorer from the Start screen and go to the Web site you want to pin. Step 2: Click the pin icon in the lower right-hand corner of the address bar, then select Pin to Start.
How do I add a website to my desktop in Windows 8?
Select the gear icon, also known as the Action or Tools menu, located in the upper-right corner of the browser window. When the drop-down menu appears, select Add site to Start Screen. The Add site to Start Screen dialog displays, showing the current site’s favicon, name, and URL.
How do I make a shortcut on Windows 8?
1To create a new shortcut, first click the File Explorer icon on the taskbar. 2Locate a file or folder and then right-click and choose Create Shortcut. 3Click and drag the shortcut that appears to the Desktop. Double-click the icon to open the file or folder.
How do I make a shortcut directly to a website?
To create a desktop shortcut to a website using Google Chrome, go to a website and click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of your browser window. Then go to More tools > Create shortcut. Finally, name your shortcut and click Create.
How do I add a shortcut to the Start menu in Windows 8?
More videos on YouTube
- On the Start menu, left-click on the Desktop tile.
- Right-click on any empty area of the Desktop and select New > Folder or Shortcut.
- Right-click on the folder or shortcut you just created and left click Pin to Start.
How do I create a Microsoft shortcut?
Click the Windows key, and then browse to the Office program for which you want to create a desktop shortcut. Right-click the program name or tile, and then select Open file location. Right-click the program name, and then click Send To > Desktop (Create shortcut). A shortcut for the program appears on your desktop.
How do I create a shortcut to a website in edge?
Create web page shortcut for Edge
- Right-click on the desktop.
- In the Type the location of the item field, type the URL of the web page.
- Click on Next, give the shortcut and name and complete the process. …
- Now when you click on it, the web page will open in Edge.
How do I pin an app to my desktop in Windows 8?
Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar
- Press and hold (or right-click) an app, and then select More > Pin to taskbar.
- If the app is already open on the desktop, press and hold (or right click) the app’s taskbar button, and then select Pin to taskbar.
How do I pin to desktop on startup?
Please follow the steps to Pin the Desktop menu Tile in start screen.
- a) Press windows + Q key.
- b) Type desktop.
- c) Right click on desktop and click on Pin to start option from the menu below.
How do I view my apps on Windows 8?
Find All Apps Installed in Windows 8
Or on the Start screen, right-click an empty area then click All Apps at the bottom. If you’re using a touch screen, swipe from the bottom up to see All Apps and tap it. This will display all of the apps and you’ll need to hit the Windows Key + Q to use Search.