How do I recover my DVD drive in Windows 7?
CD/DVD Drive Missing in Windows?
- Reinstall Drivers.
- Check BIOS Settings.
- Upper Filters/Lower Filters Problem.
- Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Registry Edit.
- Drive Letter.
- System Restore.
How do I enable my DVD drive in Windows 7?
How to enable the DMA settings of a hard disk drive, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW and DVD-ROM drive?
- Start Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- For hard disk drive, click to expand Disk Drive. …
- Right-click on the necessary drive and click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the DMA option.
What do I do if my DVD drive is not showing?
The CD/DVD drive does not display
- Step 1: See if the drive displays in BIOS. …
- Step 2: Check the drive name in Device Manager. …
- Step 3: Use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. …
- Step 4: Reset the computer power. …
- Step 5: Check drive cable connections (desktop tower computers only)
How do I fix my DVD drive not reading Windows 7?
One possible solution to fix an unresponsive CD/DVD drive is to remove and reinstall the drive name in Device Manager:
- Remove any discs that may be in the drive.
- Click Start , and enter Device Manager into the Search field. …
- Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- Right-click the drive name and select Uninstall.
How do I update my DVD driver Windows 7?
How to Update Your CD/DVD Driver
- Launch Device Manager. Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Right-Click Your Device. Double-click to expand the DVD/CD-ROM section, then right-click your device.
- Update the Driver. Click the Update Driver option.
- Install the New Driver.
How do I check if my DVD drive is working?
If not, refer to the Dell knowledgebase article Optical Drive is not recognized in Windows.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt. msc then press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Verify that the optical disk drive is listed.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 7?
What’s most likely happened is that the “auto run” feature has been turned off – either on your system or on that specific drive. That means that by definition nothing happens when you insert a disc.
How do I open my DVD drive on my computer?
In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I reinstall my DVD drive?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
How do I fix repair windows won’t recognize DVD drive?
In order to resolve the Windows doesn’t recognize DVD issue, here are six solutions to get you started:
- Use Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Reinstall or update the driver.
- Remove and reinstall IDE/ATAPI drivers.
- Fix corrupted registry entries.
- Create registry subkey.
- Check BIOS settings and chipset drivers.
Why is my hard drive not showing up?
If the drive still isn’t working, unplug it and try a different USB port. It’s possible the port in question is failing, or just being finicky with your specific drive. If it’s plugged into a USB 3.0 port, try a USB 2.0 port. If it’s plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into the PC instead.