To access the settings, press the F2 key after the Power-On Self-Test (POST) memory test begins and before the operating system boot starts. The presence of many BIOS settings is dependent on your board model, hardware components installed, and the BIOS version.
What are the 4 keys to enter BIOS?
Common keys to enter the BIOS are F1, F2, F10, Delete, Esc, as well as key combinations like Ctrl + Alt + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Delete, although those are more common on older machines. Also note that a key like F10 might actually launch something else, like the boot menu.
How do I boot into Intel BIOS?
Press F2 during boot to enter the BIOS setup. Press F9 to set defaults. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
What button do I press to get into BIOS?
In order to access BIOS on a Windows PC, you must press your BIOS key set by your manufacturer which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC goes through its power on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS through Windows 10’s advanced start menu recovery settings.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
If the F2 prompt doesn’t appear on the screen, you might not know when you should press the F2 key.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
What is Intel at in BIOS?
Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) requires the computer system to have an Intel AT-enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware release, software, and an Intel AT-capable service provider / ISV application and service subscription.
How do I reset my BIOS to default?
Reset the BIOS to Default Settings (BIOS)
- Access the BIOS Setup utility. See Accessing BIOS.
- Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings. …
- Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter. …
- To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How Do I Completely Change the BIOS on My Computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys–or combination of keys–you must press to access your computer’s setup, or BIOS. …
- Press the key or combination of keys to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
How do I get to HP Advanced BIOS settings?
Getting into advanced BIOS Settings on an HP Gaming Laptop
- Bring up Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click “Recovery” on the left.
- Click “Restart Now” under Advanced Startup. The computer will reboot into a special menu.
- Click “Troubleshoot”, then “Advanced Options” then “UEFI Firmware Settings” then “Restart Now”.
How do I fix BIOS not booting?
If you cannot enter the BIOS setup during boot, follow these steps to clear the CMOS:
- Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
- Remove the computer cover.
- Find the battery on the board. …
- Wait one hour, then reconnect the battery.
How do I force BIOS to boot from USB?
Boot from USB: Windows
- Press the Power button for your computer.
- During the initial startup screen, press ESC, F1, F2, F8 or F10. …
- When you choose to enter BIOS Setup, the setup utility page will appear.
- Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select the BOOT tab. …
- Move USB to be first in the boot sequence.
How do I boot into BIOS faster?
If you have Fast Boot enabled and you want to get into the BIOS setup. Hold down the F2 key, then power on. That will get you into the BIOS setup Utility. You can disable the Fast Boot Option here.