How do I fix a blue screen on Windows 10?
To use a Restore Point to fix blue screen problems, use these steps:
- Click the Advanced Startup option. …
- Click the Troubleshoot option. …
- Click the Advanced options button. …
- Click the System Restore option. …
- Select the your account.
- Confirm your account password.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click the Next button.
Why do I get the blue screen of death Windows 10?
A blue screen of death (BSoD) signifies Windows 10 has detected a fatal system error and must shut down immediately to avoid damaging the operating system. This process leaves you with a blue screen displaying a sad emoji and a cryptic message that reads, “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.
Why does blue screen error occur?
A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your device to shut down or restart unexpectedly. You might see a blue screen with a message that your device ran into a problem and needs to restart.
What is the main reason for blue screen error?
BSoDs can be caused by poorly written device drivers or malfunctioning hardware, such as faulty memory, power supply issues, overheating of components, or hardware running beyond its specification limits. In the Windows 9x era, incompatible DLLs or bugs in the operating system kernel could also cause BSoDs.
How do I get rid of the blue screen on Windows 10?
How do I disable Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) automatic restart in Windows?
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System.
- Go to Advanced.
- Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings…
- Under System Failure un-check “Automatically restart”
- Hit “OK” to save and exit.
How do I load Safe Mode in Windows 10?
Press Windows key + R (force Windows to start into safe mode every time you reboot the PC).
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type msconfig in the dialog box.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Select the Safe Boot option and click Apply.
- Choose Restart to apply the changes when the System Configuration window pops up.
Can hard drive failure cause blue screen?
Computer crashes come in many forms and even colors. Sudden reboots are a sign of a possible hard drive failure. As is the blue screen of death, when your computer screen turns blue, freezes and may require rebooting. A strong sign of a hard drive failure is a computer crash when you are trying to access files.