How do you solve the problem of no audio output device is installed?
How to Fix No Audio Output Device is Installed Issue
- Update Sound Drivers. As mentioned, the “no audio output device is installed in Windows 10” error happens due to a corrupted or outdated driver. …
- Fix With Device Manager. …
- Reboot Your System. …
- Replace Defective Sound Card. …
- 15 Comments.
How do I install an audio output device on my computer?
Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it. Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose Update Driver.
How do I restore audio output?
Double-click “Sound, video and game controllers” to expand it. Right-click your audio device, and left-click on “Enable.” Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the restoration of your audio device, and restart the computer.
How do I enable my audio device on my computer?
Re-enable audio device
- Open Control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on Sounds.
- Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
- Right click on the device and Enable it.
How do I reset my sound settings on Windows 7?
Click Start , and then click Control Panel. Click Hardware and Sound. Under Sound, click Adjust system volume. The Volume Mixer window opens.
How do you fix No audio output device is installed Windows 10 2020?
How to Fix “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” in Windows 10
- Run Audio Troubleshooter.
- Disconnect and Reconnect External Audio Output Device.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Audio Device.
- Update Audio Drivers.
- Update Windows 10.
- Install Audio Device as Legacy Hardware.
- Reset Windows 10.
Why is my sound card not detected?
Try updating audio card drivers and the BIOS for your computer if no sound card is being detected. … Download updated drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website, or contact the manufacturer directly if you require further assistance with updating the BIOS or audio card drivers.
Why is my audio device not detected?
Method 2: Manually uninstall & reinstall the device driver
1) Still in Device Manager, once again expand Sound, video and game controllers, right-click on your audio device, and click Uninstall to uninstall the driver. 2) Restart your PC. … Assuming it installs the latest correct driver, this may resolve the problem.
How do I install an audio device on Windows 10?
Methods to Install an Audio Device on Windows 10
- Method 1:- Audio Device Driver is Automatically Updated.
- Method 2:- Uninstall or Reinstall the Device Driver Manually.
- Method 3:- Reinstall the Device.
- Method 4:- Re-Enable the Device.
- Method 5:- Try Different Audio Format.
How do I manually install audio drivers?
Update audio drivers on Windows 10
- Click on the Start menu and type in Device Manager. …
- Search for Sound, video and game controllers. …
- Double-click on the audio entry and switch over to the Driver tab. …
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
What is a audio output device?
An audio output device is a device that turns the sound waves data that a computer generates into usable sound signals.
Why is my audio not working?
You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app. Check the media volume. If you still don’t hear anything, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off: Navigate to Settings.
How do I restore the sound on my computer?
Right-click on the “My Computer” icon on your desktop. Select “Properties” and choose the “Hardware” tab. Click on the “Device Manager” button. Click the plus sign next to “Sound, video and game controllers” and right-click on your sound card.
Will resetting my PC fix my audio?
A computer reboot can usually reset a nonresponsive computer, but if an audio device fails to work, a software or hardware issue may be at fault. If you’re experiencing no sound from your headset and speakers, or if your microphone stops working, continue reading on.