Select the Settings option. On the left side of the screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows. On the “Reset your PC” screen, click Next. On the “Do you want to fully clean your drive” screen, select Just remove my files to do a quick deletion or select Fully clean the drive to have all files erased.
How do you delete everything on Windows Vista?
How do I delete all files on Windows Vista?
- Choose Start→Computer.
- Click the Disk Cleanup button.
- Click Files from All Users on this Computer.
- Click the More Options tab.
- At the bottom, under System Restore and Shadow Copies, click the button marked Clean Up.
- Click Delete.
- Click Delete Files.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How do I do a factory reset on Vista?
Restart the computer. To do this, click Start, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then click Restart. As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen. Note: You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
How do I wipe my computer and delete everything?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I wipe my hard drive and operating system?
- Boot up into the Windows Installer.
- On the partitioning screen, press SHIFT + F10 to bring up a command prompt.
- Type diskpart to start the application.
- Type list disk to bring up the connected disks.
- The Hard Drive is often disk 0. Type select disk 0 .
- Type clean to wipe out the entire drive.
How do I completely wipe my laptop?
Head to the Start screen, find the Charms bar, click on Settings and then hit Change PC settings. Finally, choose Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows. When you choose to erase data, make sure you click on the “thoroughly” option rather than “quickly”, just to be sure that everything is deleted.
How do I wipe my old computer before recycling?
Simply go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Navigate to Update & Security, and look for the recovery menu. From there you just select Reset this PC and follow the instructions from there. It may ask you to erase data either “quickly” or “thoroughly” — we suggest taking the time to do the latter.
How do I remove my personal information from my computer?
Here are some tips to thoroughly tidy up your work computer.
- clear off your desktop. …
- purge your files. …
- have a folder for everything you keep. …
- clear your browser history and cache. …
- back up all your files. …
- sort out your personal files. …
- erase or update saved logins. …
- empty the recycle bin.
How do I wipe my Windows XP clean?
The only sure way is to do a factory reset. Create a new admin account with no password then login and delete all other user accounts in Control Panel. Use TFC and CCleaner to delete any additional temp files. Delete the Page File and disable System Restore.