enter your user admin account and password there and it will let you in. Gary D Williams wrote: when you type in \computershare it’ll prompt you for credentials. enter your user admin account and password there and it will let you in.
How do I open a folder as administrator?
To open an administrative Command Prompt window in the current folder, use this hidden Windows 10 feature: Navigate to the folder you want to use, then tap Alt, F, M, A (that keyboard shortcut is the same as switching to the File tab on the ribbon, then choosing Open command prompt as administrator).
How do I access a shared folder from another computer?
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
Why can’t I access a shared folder?
First thing that you should do in order to fix this problem is to enable folder sharing and network discovery. To do that, just check your network settings window. If the problem is still there, make sure that the required services are running and are set to start automatically.
How do I allow access to a shared folder?
How to Change Share Permissions
- Right-click the shared folder.
- Click “Properties”.
- Open the “Sharing” tab.
- Click “Advanced Sharing”.
- Click “Permissions”.
- Select a user or group from the list.
- Select either “Allow” or “Deny” for each of the settings.
How do I open a folder in another user?
- Go to the Start button;
- Type in Explorer;
- Shift Right-Click “Windows Explorer”;
- Run as different user.
How do I run Windows 10 as an administrator?
If you’d like to run a Windows 10 app as an administrator, open the Start menu and locate the app on the list. Right-click the app’s icon, then select “More” from the menu that appears. In the “More” menu, select “Run as administrator.”
How do I access a shared folder by IP address?
In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter two backslashes followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. 10.20). Press Enter. Now a window displaying all of the shares on the remote computer opens.
How do I access a shared folder on another computer Windows 10?
- Right-click the folder and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click Advanced in the lower right.
- In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Other users or groups.
- Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
- Click Find Now.
How do I access a shared folder on Android?
Tap a shared folder.
This allows you to access the shared folder. From now on, any time you want to access a shared folder on your Android, just open Cx File Explorer. Then tap Network and tap the device name. You can only access folders that have been shared over a local area network.
Can’t connect to network folder?
Can’t connect to shared network drive
- Close all running programs.
- Click on Start Menu and then rt-click on This PC and choose Properties.
- Click on “Advanced System Settings” on the left side of the window.
- Click on Computer Name tab.
- Click on Network ID button.
- Accept the default of “This computer is part of a business network”.
- Click on the Next button.
28 авг. 2018 г.
How do I access a shared folder in Windows 7?
Open Windows Explorer. In the navigation pane on the left, click the small arrow to the left of Libraries, HomeGroup, Computer, or Network. The menu expands so that you can access any shared files, folders, disks, or devices. Double-click the object you would like to access.
How do I view shared folder permissions in Windows?
Locate the document for which you want to view the permissions. Right-click the folder or file and click “Properties” in the context menu. Switch to “Security” tab and click “Advanced”. In the “Permissions” tab, you can see the permissions held by users over a particular file or folder.
How do I create a shared folder on my server?
Creating a shared folder on a computer running Windows/Confirming a computer’s information
- Create a folder, just as you would create a normal folder, in a location of your choice on the computer.
- Right-click the folder, and then click [Sharing and Security].
- On the [Sharing] tab, select [Share this folder].
How do I create a private folder on a shared drive?
(1) Start by creating a “New folder…” in the desired location within Google Drive. You can click on the blue “NEW” button or right click. (4) You will then see “Share with others” menu. (3) Right click on the new folder and click “Share…”