Now that iMessage is configured across your devices you can connect regular text messaging so that you can message people on Android, Blackberry, etc. For this to work you must: Have an iPhone (your iPhone is used as the relay to send texts) Your iOS devices must be at least iOS 8.1.
How can I text from my Mac to Android?
In your computer’s copy of Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge, visit messages.android.com. Then pick up your phone and tap the “Scan QR code” button in the Messages app and point its camera at the code on that Web page; in a few moments, you should see your texts pop up on that page.
How do I send messages from my Macbook to non iPhone users?
Question: Q: need to use mac to send messages to non-iphones
- You need iOS 8 or later on your iOS devices and OS X Yosemite or later on your Mac.
- Sign in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
Can you use messages on Mac with Android?
You can now send iMessages on Android devices, thanks to an app called weMessage — if you have a Mac computer, that is. … Once you download the app and sync it to your computer, you’ll be able to send and receive iMessages from your phone via your computer.
Why can’t I send messages to Android from Mac?
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Add a check to both your phone number and email address. Then go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding and enable the device or devices that you want to forward messages to. Look for a code on the Mac, iPad, or iPod touch that you enabled.
Can I send a text message from my Mac?
Your Mac can receive and send SMS and MMS text messages through your iPhone when you set up text message forwarding. … Note: To receive and send SMS and MMS messages on your Mac, your iPhone must have iOS 8.1 or later, and your iPhone and Mac must be signed in to iMessage using the same Apple ID.
How do I text an android from iMessage?
Enable port forwarding on your device so that it can connect to your smartphone directly through Wi-Fi (the application will tell you how to do this). Install the AirMessage app on your Android device. Open the app and enter your server’s address and password. Send your first iMessage with your Android device!
Can I send a text message from my Mac to an iPhone?
Use it to send messages with iMessage, or to send SMS and MMS messages through your iPhone. … With Messages for Mac, you can send unlimited messages to any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that uses iMessage, Apple’s secure-messaging service.
How do I enable MMS messaging on my Mac?
Receive and Send SMS and MMS Messages on Your Mac
- On your iPhone, go to “Settings > Messages.” …
- Tap Text Message Forwarding. …
- Enable your Mac in the list of devices. …
- On your Mac, open the Messages app. …
- Enter this code on your iPhone, then tap Allow.
Why can’t I send messages to non iPhone users?
The reason you’re not able to send to non-iPhone users is that they don’t use iMessage. It sounds like your regular (or SMS) text messaging isn’t working, and all your messages are going out as iMessages to other iPhones. When you try to send a message to another phone that doesn’t use iMessage, it won’t go through.
How can I iMessage from my Mac to my Android?
Link your Android to the AirMessage app
- Head to the Google Play Store and install the AirMessage app.
- Open the AirMessage app.
- Enter your Mac’s local IP address and the password you created earlier. Click Connect.
- Tap Download Message History if you want to download your iMessage chats. If not, tap Skip.
How do I get notifications on my Mac from my Android?
Here’s how to set it up, assuming you already have Pushbullet installed on your Android device.
- Step One: Install Noti On Your Mac. Head to Noti. …
- Step Two: Sign Into Your Pushbullet Account. …
- Step Three: Configure Noti’s Notification Settings. …
- Step Four: Disable Notifications From Your Browser Extension.