You can always restore a backup made with an earlier version to an iOS device with a newer version of iOS. So the answer is yes. You cannot go the other way; that is, you cannot restore, say, a backup made under 11.4. 1 to a device running 11.4.
How do I restore my iPhone from a different software version?
How to patch downgrade an iOS backup version
- Take a copy of your iOS backup before you modify it.
- Open the Info. plist file in the root folder of your backup. …
- Search for Product Version , and you’ll find a section that looks like the text below. …
- Change the Product Version value and save the file.
Does restoring iPhone change iOS version?
Answer: A: Answer: A: Yes… It will Restore to the Latest Version of iOS for your Device…
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 12?
A backup created on iOS 13 cannot be used to restore a device on iOS 12. And in order to leave the beta and go back to the latest official version of iOS, you need to install iOS 12 through recovery mode.
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
Do I have to update iPhone before restoring?
If you’re restoring an iCloud backup that requires a newer version of iOS or iPadOS, you might be prompted to update your software. If you choose to download and install the update, your device will automatically update your software and then restore your backup.
How do I restore my iPhone to its original iOS?
To reset your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. If you’ve got an iCloud backup set up, iOS will ask if you’d like to update it, so you don’t lose unsaved data. We advise you to follow this advice, and tap Back Up Then Erase.
Does erase all content and settings change iOS version?
No. Factory resetting your phone only deletes the user data; the operating system and firmware will still remain the same. That means, if your iPhone is running iOS 9.3. 2 before you reset with Erase all content and settings , it will be running iOS 9.3.
Can you restore backup from old iOS?
1. Yes. You can restore a backup made with an earlier iOS version to a device running a newer iOS version without any issues.
How do I revert back to iOS 12 from iOS 14?
Click on Device to open Device Summary page, Two options are, [Click on Restore iPhone + Option key on Mac] and [Restore + Shift key on windows] from the keyboard at the same time. Now the Browse file window will see on screen. Select the earlier downloaded iOS 12 final .