Check for Corrupt Files That Causes Your Frozen Windows 10 Start Menu. Many problems with Windows come down to corrupt files, and Start menu issues are no exception. To fix this, launch the Task Manager either by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager or hitting ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
How do I fix the Start button on Windows 10?
Fix problems with the Start menu
- Press the Windows logo key + I to get to Settings, , then select Personalization > Taskbar .
- Turn on Lock the taskbar.
- Turn off Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode or Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode.
What to do when Start button is not working?
Fix a frozen Windows 10 Start menu using PowerShell
To begin, we’ll need to open the Task Manager window again, which can be done using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously. Once open, click File, then Run New Task (this can be achieved by pressing ALT, then up and down on the arrow keys).
What happened to my Start menu in Windows 10?
Log out and log back into your account. According to users, if Start Menu disappears from Windows 10, you might be able to solve the problem simply by logging out and logging back in. … Now choose Log Out from the menu. Wait for a few seconds and then sign back into your account.
How do I unlock the Start Menu in Windows 10?
Unlocking From The Start Menu
- Right-click your Start Menu.
- Click “Lock the Taskbar” from the menu that appears.
- Right-click the Start Menu again and make sure the check mark has been removed from the left of the “Lock the Taskbar” option.
How do I enable the Start Menu in Windows 10?
If your search bar is hidden and you want it to show on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Search > Show search box.
Why is the Start button not working?
Check for Corrupt Files That Causes Your Frozen Windows 10 Start Menu. Many problems with Windows come down to corrupt files, and Start menu issues are no exception. To fix this, launch the Task Manager either by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager or hitting ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete. ‘
How do I unfreeze my Start menu?
Fix a frozen Windows 10 Start Menu by killing Explorer
First of all, open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time. If the User Account Control prompt appears, just click Yes.
How do I open the startup menu?
To open the Start menu, click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen. Or, press the Windows logo key on your keyboard. The Start menu appears. programs on your computer.
How do I fix Windows Start Menu not working?
How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Opening
- Sign Out of Your Microsoft Account. …
- Restart Windows Explorer. …
- Check for Windows Updates. …
- Scan for Corrupt System Files. …
- Clear Cortana Temporary Files. …
- Uninstall or Fix Dropbox.