The mouse freeze problem is most likely to be related to USB SUSPEND MODE kicking in as most mouse nowadays use the USB port to connect.
How do I unfreeze my cursor Windows 7?
Restart the computer and press and hold the F8 key (Press and hold f8 key before the windows logo).
How do I stop my cursor freezing?
How do you fix a stuck cursor?
- On your keyboard, hold down the Fn key and press the touchpad key (or F7, F8, F9, F5, depending on the laptop brand you’re using).
- Move your mouse and check if the mouse frozen on laptop issue has been fixed. If yes, then great! But if the problem persists, move on to Fix 3, below.
How do I fix my cursor on Windows 7?
Try the Windows 7 Troubleshooter
- Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
- In the search box, enter troubleshooter, then select Troubleshooting.
- Under Hardware and Sound, select Configure a device.
Why does my mouse cursor keep freezing?
If your mouse is freezing up, it might be because of a broken part in the mouse itself. Whilst the most likely part of your mouse to be damaged is the sensor, it could also be the cable if you’re using a wired mouse, as well as the buttons and scroll wheel.
How do you unlock the cursor?
Follow these steps to unlock the touchpad.
b) Press and hold the “Fn” key, usually found in the lower left area of the keyboard. c) Press the touchpad function key and then release both keys. If this does not enable the touchpad, try holding the “Fn” key down and pressing the touchpad function key twice in a row.
What would cause computer to freeze?
Why does my computer keep freezing? … Typically, it will be a software-related issue or your computer has too many programs operating at any once, causing it to freeze. Additional issues such as insufficient hard-disk space or ‘driver’-related issues also can cause a computer to freeze.
How do you get your cursor back when it disappears?
Depending on your keyboard and mouse model, the Windows keys you should hit are varying from one to another. Thus you may try the following combinations to make your disappearing cursor back to visible in Windows 10: Fn + F3/ Fn + F5/ Fn + F9/ Fn + F11.
How do I fix my frozen cursor on Windows 10?
How to Unfreeze a Frozen Computer in Windows 10
- Approach 1: Press Esc twice. …
- Approach 2: Press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously and choose Start Task Manager from the menu that appears. …
- Approach 3: If the preceding approaches don’t work, turn off the computer by pressing its power button.
Why is my mouse not moving?
Check that the battery of the mouse is charged. Make sure that the receiver (dongle) is firmly plugged in to the computer. If your mouse and receiver can operate on different radio channels, make sure that they are both set to the same channel.
How do you fix an erratic cursor?
Follow these steps to fix the erratic mouse issue using Mouse Acceleration:
- Right click Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound.
- Select Mouse.
- Choose Pointer Options tab.
- Uncheck Enhance pointer precision box to turn off Mouse Acceleration.
- Click Apply then click Ok.
- Check if the mouse works properly now.
Why does my mouse not work on Windows 7?
Solution 1: Unplug the keyboard and the mouse then plug it back. To fix the issue, you can try to unplug and replug the keyboard and the mouse, then Windows will reinstall the driver automatically, and the keyboard and mouse will reconnect.
How do I use a wired mouse on my laptop Windows 7?
A wired mouse connects to your system via USB cable. All you need to do is plug the mouse USB cable into the matching port on your laptop, restart your device while connected to the device, and install the hardware driver required for proper functioning.