It’s the kickstart file made by the anaconda installer based on your configured settings. There is full description from RH: The Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation process automatically writes a Kickstart file that contains the settings for the installed system. This file is always saved as /root/anaconda-ks. cfg.
Can I delete Anaconda KS CFG?
1 Answer. As you pointed these are files created by the OS install … if you don’t need them you can delete them. If you open anaconda-ks. cfg will see the sequence of installation from partitions to packages install.
What is Anaconda file in Linux?
Anaconda is the installer used by Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, and their derivatives. This document contains information necessary for customizing it.
What is a kickstart file in Linux?
The Kickstart file is used to automate Redhat operating system installation. The basic idea behind kickstart file is to provide all required installation information to the installer via kickstart configuration file which would normally be submitted interactively.
How does kickstart work Linux?
The basic function of a kickstart server is to allow an administrator to perform a network installation of Linux. It provides a single location to store files for installation and allows for ease of updating those files instead of dealing with multiple copies of DVDs.
Where is Anaconda KS CFG?
The recommended approach to creating Kickstart files is to perform a manual installation on one system first. After the installation completes, all choices made during the installation are saved into a file named anaconda-ks. cfg , located in the /root/ directory on the installed system.
Where is Anaconda installed on Linux?
If you accept the default option to install Anaconda on the “default path” Anaconda is installed in your user home directory:
- Windows 10: C:Users<your-username>Anaconda3
- macOS: /Users/<your-username>/anaconda3 for the shell install, ~/opt for the graphical install. …
- Linux: /home/<your-username>/anaconda3.
How do I download Anaconda on Linux?
- Visit Anaconda.com/downloads.
- Select Linux.
- Copy the bash (. sh file) installer link.
- Use wget to download the bash installer.
- Run the bash script to install Anaconda3.
- source the . bash-rc file to add Anaconda to your PATH.
- Start the Python REPL.
How do I install Anaconda distributions?
Download and Install Anaconda
- Go to the Anaconda Website and choose a Python 3. …
- Locate your download and double click it. …
- Read the license agreement and click on I Agree.
- Click on Next.
- Note your installation location and then click Next.
- This is an important part of the installation process. …
- Click on Next.
18 дек. 2019 г.
Where is the kickstart file on Linux?
A kickstart file is a simple text file that contains configuration information for a Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation.
You can run a kickstart installation from any of these sources:
- DVD drive: ks=cdrom:/directory/ks. …
- Hard Drive: ks=hd:/device/directory/ks. …
- Other Device: ks=file:/device/directory/ks.
What is a KS file?
File used for creating images of Linux-based operating systems such as Red Hat, CentOS, and Tizen; contains a series of instructions that are used for automatic, unattended construction of an operating system (OS) image that can be used for running the OS.
What means kickstart?
kick-start verb [T] (HELP)
to make something start to happen or start to develop more quickly: … Billions in aid helped kickstart the economy.
What is Anaconda kickstart?
Anaconda uses kickstart to automate installation and as a data store for the user interface. It also extends the kickstart commands documented here by adding a new kickstart section named %anaconda where commands to control the behavior of Anaconda will be defined.
How do I create a kickstart file in Centos 7?
There are main 3 ways to create a kickstart file:
- Approach 1 – Carry out a normal Centos/RHEL installation. The chance are that you have unknowing already created a ks file the last time you install Centos. …
- Approach 2 – Write it from scratch. …
- Approach 3 – Use the GUI tool.
How can we create a customized golden image or RHEL ISO with Kickstart file?
How to create a Custom Linux ISO Image with a kickstart file
- Install the Required Package.
- Prepare for Custom Linux ISO.
- Mount ISO to copy the files.
- Creating Customised Linux ISO file.
- Verify the Custom Build ISO.
26 авг. 2017 г.