Type MSCONFIG into the Start menu to run the System Configuration Utility. From the Boot tab, set your options and OS you want to run. Changes will be written to the boot files automatically. Click OK to save your changes.
How do I change the boot folder in Windows 7?
Windows 7: Change the BIOS Boot Order
- Select Run from the start menu and type “msinfo32” into open field.
- Click OK.
- Locate the BIOS version/date entry in the items column. …
- Match the BIOS version to the ones listed below to find which key to press to enter BIOS during CPU restart later.
Where are the boot files located in Windows 7?
If you are changing boot options for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Vista, see Boot Options in Windows Vista and Later.] Boot. ini is a text file located at the root of the system partition, typically c:Boot.
How do I change the boot file?
Edit the Boot. ini file
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Notepad.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the Look in box, click the system partition, in the Files of type box, click All Files, locate and click the Boot. …
- Make the changes that you want to the Boot.
How do I change Windows boot files?
Click Start > Control Panel > System. In the System Properties window, click the Advanced tab. In the Startup and Recovery area, click Settings. Click Edit to edit the boot.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 7?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts. Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started.
Where are boot files located?
The Boot. ini file is a text file that contains the boot options for computers with BIOS firmware running NT-based operating system prior to Windows Vista. It is located at the root of the system partition, typically c:Boot.
What is the name of the boot loader file in Windows 7?
Windows 7/Vista is managed by the Windows Boot Manager (BootMgr) and Windows Boot Loader (WinLoad.exe). BootMgr reads the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) file and depending on the entry in the BCD, it locates and launches Windows Boot Loader.
How do I change boot order in boot manager?
Once the computer boots up, it will take you to the Firmware settings.
- Switch to Boot Tab.
- Here you will see Boot Priority which will list connected hard drive, CD/DVD ROM and USB drive if any.
- You can use the arrow keys or + & – on your keyboard to change the order.
- Save and Exit.
What do you do in boot manager?
Edit Windows Boot Manager With BCDEdit
BCDEdit.exe is a Windows command line tool used to modify boot configuration data. BCDEdit.exe can add, delete, edit and append entries in the boot configuration data store. To use BCDEdit you must run command prompt as administrator.
How do I change the boot menu in Windows 10?
To change the boot menu timeout on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on About.
- Under the “Related settings” section, click the Advanced system settings option. …
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under the “Startup and Recovery” section, click the Settings button.