How do I add a new disk to an existing Linux server?
What I would do is:
- make a good backup of your server.
- sudo su (or login as root).
- mount the new drive (with the correct fstab entry: UUID=[drive uuid] /home_new ext4 defaults 0 0) to /home_new.
- sync the old home folder to the new home folder: rsync -av /home/ /home_new/.
- rename the old home folder: mv /home /home_old.
29 мар. 2017 г.
How do I install a new hard drive in Ubuntu?
Use these steps to partition the drive with a single partition…
- Right-click on the white bar and choose “New.”
- For “New Size” the number should be the maximum allowable, to fill the entire disk.
- Choose “Primary Partition”
- Now decide on a filesystem. …
- Now click Add to compute the partition.
25 янв. 2019 г.
How do I increase disk space on Linux virtual machine?
Extending partitions on Linux VMware virtual machines
- Shutdown the VM.
- Right click the VM and select Edit Settings.
- Select the hard disk you would like to extend.
- On the right side, make the provisioned size as large as you need it.
- Click OK.
- Power on the VM.
- Connect to the command line of the Linux VM via the console or putty session.
- Log in as root.
1 июл. 2012 г.
How do I access my hard drive in Linux?
How to Mount a USB Hard Drive in Linux
- Log in to your operating system and open a terminal shell from the desktop “Terminal” shortcut.
- Type “fdisk -l” to see a list of drives on your computer and to get the name of the USB hard drive (this name is usually “/dev/sdb1” or similar).
Where should I mount my hard drive in Linux?
How to format and mount a disk permanently using its’s UUID.
- Find the disk name. sudo lsblk.
- Format the new disk. sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/vdX.
- Mount the disk. sudo mkdir /archive sudo mount /dev/vdX /archive.
- Add mount to fstab. Add to /etc/fstab : UUID=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /archive ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1.
How do I put Windows on a new hard drive with USB?
Connect the USB flash drive to a new PC. Turn on the PC and press the key that opens the boot-device selection menu for the computer, such as the Esc/F10/F12 keys. Select the option that boots the PC from the USB flash drive. Windows Setup starts.
How do I format a new hard drive without an operating system?
You cannot format a hard drive from BIOS. You can only change the boot order get your computer to check for an OS startup CD, DVD, or USB stick. If you want to format HDD without OS, you have to create a bootable USB flash drive or CD/DVD and boot from it to perform formatting.
How do I allocate unallocated disk space in Linux?
- Start a Terminal session by typing Ctrl + Alt + T.
- Type gksudo gparted and hit Enter.
- Type your password in the window that pops up.
- Find the partition Ubuntu is installed in. …
- Right-click the partition and select Resize/Move.
- Expand the Ubuntu partition into the unallocated space.
29 июн. 2013 г.
How do I increase storage on my virtual machine?
To enlarge a virtual machine’s hard disk in VMware, power off the virtual machine, right-click it, and select Virtual Machine Settings. Select the virtual hard disk device in the list, click the Utilities button, and click Expand to expand the hard disk. Enter a larger maximum disk size and click the Expand button.
How do I add more memory to my virtual machine?
Click the entry for the virtual machine from the Window > Virtual Machine Library. Click Settings. Click on Processors & Memory in the settings window. Drag the slider to increase the amount of memory as required.