Apple generally stops signing the previous version of iOS a few days after a new version is released. This means that it’s often possible to downgrade back to your previous version of iOS for a few days after you upgrade — assuming the latest version was just released and you upgraded to it quickly.
Can I go back to an older version of iOS?
Going back to an older version of iOS or iPadOS is possible, but it’s not easy or recommended. You can roll back to iOS 14.4, but you probably shouldn’t. Whenever Apple releases a new software update for the iPhone and iPad, you have to decide how soon you should update.
How do I revert back to iOS 14 from 13?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
How do I install an older version of iOS on my iPhone?
How to downgrade to an older version of iOS on your iPhone or iPad
- Click Restore on the Finder popup.
- Click Restore and Update to confirm.
- Click Next on the iOS 13 Software Updater.
- Click Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions and start downloading iOS 13.
Can you uninstall iOS 14?
Yes. You can uninstall iOS 14. Even so, you will have to entirely erase and restore the device. If you’re using a Windows computer, you should ensure iTunes is installed and updated to the most current version.
Can I downgrade iOS 14?
If you didn’t make a backup, you can still downgrade, but you won’t be able to restore your device to its original state before you upgraded. Also, if you’ve installed watchOS 8 on your Apple Watch, it’s important to note that you won’t be able to use it with your iPhone once you’ve gone back to iOS 14.
Can I revert back to iOS 12?
Thankfully, it’s possible to go back to iOS 12. Using beta versions of iOS or iPadOS takes a level of patience in dealing with bugs, poor battery life and features that just don’t work.
Can you reverse a software update on iPhone?
If you’ve recently updated to a new release of the iPhone Operating System (iOS) but prefer the older version, you can revert once your phone is connected to your computer.
How do I revert back to iOS 12 from iOS 14?
Click on Device to open Device Summary page, Two options are, [Click on Restore iPhone + Option key on Mac] and [Restore + Shift key on windows] from the keyboard at the same time. Now the Browse file window will see on screen. Select the earlier downloaded iOS 12 final .
How do I install an older version of iOS without iTunes?
Downgrade iOS without iTunes
- Disable “Find My iPhone”.
- Download the Right Restore Image. Download the right restore image for the older version you intend to downgrade to and your phone model.
- Connect your iOS Device to Your Computer. …
- Open Finder. …
- Trust the Computer. …
- Install the Older iOS Version.