- Open a terminal.
- Browse to the folder where the executable file is stored.
- Type the following command: for any . bin file: sudo chmod +x filename.bin. for any .run file: sudo chmod +x filename.run.
- When asked for, type the required password and press Enter.
How do you execute a file in Linux?
Installing .run files in ubuntu:
- Open a terminal(Applications>>Accessories>>Terminal).
- Navigate to the directory of the .run file.
- If you have your *.run in your desktop then type the following in terminal to get into Desktop and press Enter.
- Then type chmod +x filename.run and press Enter.
How do I run an executable file in Unix?
First, open the Terminal, then mark the file as executable with the chmod command. Now you can execute the file in the terminal. If an error message including a problem such as ‘permission denied’ appears, use sudo to run it as root (admin).
How do I run a file in Terminal?
- Press “Enter” on the keyboard after every command you enter into Terminal.
- You can also execute a file without changing to its directory by specifying the full path. Type “/path/to/NameOfFile” without quotation marks at the command prompt. Remember to set the executable bit using the chmod command first.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”