How do I install Ubuntu 16.04 on my laptop?
In this is article i will demonstrate how to install Desktop version of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on your Laptop or Desktop.
- Step:1 Download Ubuntu 16.04 LTS ISO file.
- Step:2 Select ‘Install Ubuntu’ to start installation.
- Step:4 Choose ‘something else’ option to create customize partition scheme.
Can you install Ubuntu on any laptop?
It’s also possible to try Ubuntu from USB or CD, or even install it to a USB drive as a persistent installation to give you the same desktop and applications on any PC. For now, though, we’ll assume you want to install it to a hard disk. You can also install Ubuntu alongside an existing Windows setup.
How do I install Linux on my laptop?
Choose a boot option
- Step one: Download a Linux OS. (I recommend doing this, and all subsequent steps, on your current PC, not the destination system.
- Step two: Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Step three: Boot that media on the destination system, then make a few decisions regarding the installation.
Can I install Ubuntu on Windows 10?
How to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 [dual-boot] First of all, make a backup of your Windows 10 operating system. Create a bootable USB drive to write Ubuntu image file to USB. Shrink the Windows 10 partition to create space for Ubuntu.
Can I install Ubuntu without CD or USB?
You can use UNetbootin to install Ubuntu 15.04 from Windows 7 into a dual boot system without the use of a cd/dvd or a USB drive.
How do I install Ubuntu properly?
Follow the steps below to install Ubuntu in dual boot with Windows:
- Step 1: Create a live USB or disk. Download and create a live USB or DVD.
- Step 2: Boot in to live USB.
- Step 3: Start the installation.
- Step 4: Prepare the partition.
- Step 5: Create root, swap and home.
- Step 6: Follow the trivial instructions.
How do I install Ubuntu on my PC?
- Download Ubuntu. For you first need to download a Ubuntu .ISO CD image file.
- Check if Your Computer will Boot from USB. The only thing slightly complicated about installing Ubuntu might be getting your computer to boot from the USB.
- 3. Make BIOS Changes.
- Try Ubuntu Before you Install It.
- Install Ubuntu.
What is Ubuntu in laptop?
Ubuntu Desktop (formally named as Ubuntu Desktop Edition, and simply called Ubuntu) is the variant officially recommended for most users. It is designed for desktop and laptop PCs and officially supported by Canonical. From Ubuntu 17.10, GNOME Shell is the default desktop environment.
How do I install Ubuntu on a hard drive partition?
How to Boot an Ubuntu ISO from Your Hard Drive
- Download the bootable disc image from here.
- Install GRUB2 if it is not already installed. Type the following command into the terminal: sudo grub-install –root-directory=/media/grub2 /dev/sda .
- Add a menu entry for your Ubuntu ISO.
- Make make the custom menu entries active, run “sudo update-grub”
Should I install Linux on my laptop?
1) You don’t have to ditch Windows (or OS X) You don’t need to wave goodbye to Windows (or macOS) to give Linux a try—Ubuntu can run very happily on a dual-boot system or even straight from a USB drive. Of course the benefit of using a USB drive or DVD is that your existing OS remains untouched.
Will my laptop run Linux?
A: In most cases, you can install Linux on an older computer. Most laptops will have no problems running a Distro. The only thing you need to be wary of is hardware compatibility.
How can I install Linux on my laptop without OS?
How to Install Ubuntu on a Computer With No Operating System
- Download or order a live CD from the Ubuntu website.
- Insert the Ubuntu live CD into the CD-ROM bay and boot up the computer.
- Select “Try” or “Install” in the first dialog box, depending on whether you wish to test-drive Ubuntu.
- Choose a language for your installation and Click on “Forward.”
How do I enable Ubuntu on Windows 10?
How to install Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & security.
- Click on For Developers.
- Under “Use developer features”, select the Developer mode option to setup the environment to install Bash.
- On the message box, click Yes to turn on developer mode.
How do I install Ubuntu on Windows 10?
Steps For Dual Booting Windows 10 And Ubuntu
- Create a Ubuntu USB drive.
- Enable booting from a USB drive.
- Shrink the Windows 10 partition to make space for Ubuntu.
- Boot into Ubuntu live environment and install Ubuntu.
- Amend the boot order to make sure Ubuntu can boot.
How do I get Ubuntu on Windows 10?
Installing Ubuntu Bash for Windows 10
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Security -> For Developers and choose the “Developer Mode” radio button.
- Then go to the Control Panel -> Programs and click “Turn Windows feature on or off”. Enable “Windows Subsystem for Linux(Beta)”.
- After rebooting, head to Start and search for “bash”. Run the “bash.exe” file.
How do I install Ubuntu on a flash drive?
Install Ubuntu onto USB flash drive
- Download the 32-bit ISO of Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop and the Universal USB Installer.
- Double-click on Universal-USB-Installer-220.127.116.11.exe and after accepting the license agreement, select Ubuntu 11.04 from the drop-down list.
- Browse and select the Ubuntu 11.04 ISO file you just downloaded.
Can I install Ubuntu from Windows?
If you want to use Linux, but still want to leave Windows installed on your computer, you can install Ubuntu in a dual-boot configuration. Just place the Ubuntu installer on a USB drive, CD, or DVD using the same method as above. Go through the install process and select the option to install Ubuntu alongside Windows.
What size flash drive do I need to install Ubuntu?
To create a USB installation device, you will need:
- a 2 GB USB flash device/drive/stick. If the iso file is smaller than 1 GB, it is possible to use a 1 GB USB device, at least with some of the methods.
- an Ubuntu flavour ISO file (see GettingUbuntu to download it)
How do I reinstall Ubuntu 18.04 without losing data?
Reinstalling Ubuntu with separate home partition without losing data. Tutorial with screenshots.
- Create the bootable usb drive to install from: sudo apt-get install usb-creator.
- Run it from the terminal: usb-creator-gtk.
- Select your downloaded ISO or your live cd.
How do I install Ubuntu desktop?
How to Install a Desktop on an Ubuntu Server
- Log into the server.
- Type the command “sudo apt-get update” to update the list of software packages available.
- Type the command “sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop” to install the Gnome desktop.
- Type the command “sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop” to install the XFCE desktop.
How do I install Windows after installing Ubuntu?
2. Install Windows 10
- Start Windows Installation from bootable DVD/USB stick.
- Once you provide Windows Activation Key, Choose “Custom Installation“.
- Select the NTFS Primary Partition(we have just created in Ubuntu 16.04)
- After successful installation the Windows bootloader replaces the grub.
How do I install Ubuntu on a hard drive?
We have to create one on your hard drive.
- Plug in your external HDD and the Ubuntu Linux bootable USB stick.
- Boot with the Ubuntu Linux bootable USB stick using the option to try Ubuntu before installing.
- Open a Terminal (CTRL-ALT-T)
- Run sudo fdisk -l to get a list of partitions.
How much space does Ubuntu take?
According to installation procedure 4.5 GB approximately for Desktop Edition . It varies for Server edition and net-install . Please refer this System Requirements for more info. Note : On a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 – 64 bits without any Graphic or Wifi drivers took approximately 3~ GB of File system space.
How do I install Windows 7 and Ubuntu on the same computer?
The steps for booting Ubuntu alongside Windows 7 are as follows:
- Take a backup of your system.
- Create space on your hard drive by Shrinking Windows.
- Create a bootable Linux USB drive / Create a bootable Linux DVD.
- Boot into a live version of Ubuntu.
- Run the installer.
- Choose your language.
What can you do with Ubuntu on Windows?
Everything You Can Do With Windows 10’s New Bash Shell
- Getting Started with Linux on Windows.
- Install Linux Software.
- Run Multiple Linux Distributions.
- Access Windows Files in Bash, and Bash Files in Windows.
- Mount Removable Drives and Network Locations.
- Switch to Zsh (or Another Shell) Instead of Bash.
- Use Bash Scripts on Windows.
- Run Linux Commands From Outside the Linux Shell.
How do I run GUI on Ubuntu Windows 10?
How to run Graphical Ubuntu Linux from Bash Shell in Windows 10
- Step 2: Open Display Settings → Select ‘one large window’ and leave other settings as default → Finish the configuration.
- Step 3: Press ‘Start button’ and Search for ‘Bash’ or simply open Command Prompt and type ‘bash’ command.
- Step 4: Install ubuntu-desktop, unity, and ccsm.
How do I get Ubuntu bash on Windows?
Click the “Font” tab, and then select “Ubuntu Mono” in the font list. Software you install in the Bash shell is restricted to the Bash shell. You can access these programs from the Command Prompt, PowerShell, or elsewhere in Windows, but only if you run the bash -c command.
Photo in the article by “小鑫的GNU/Linux学习网站- 小鑫博客”