How do you unlock a drive password?
How to Unlock Hard Drive with Password?
- Step 1 Search “Control Panel” to “Bitlocker Drive Encryption”.
- Step 2 Turn on “Bitlocker”.
- Step 3 Enter the password to finish encryption.
- Step 1 Press “Win+R” to arouse “Run” interface.
- Step 3 Choose the locked drive to perform a quick “Format”
How do I unlock the drive where Windows is installed?
When the hard drive where you installed Windows 10 is locked, you may run the following command to unlock it:
- In Windows, click the Start and enter cmd in the Search field, then press the Enter key.
- Type bootrec /RebuildBcd and press Enter.
- Type bootrec /fixMbr and press Enter.
- Type bootrec /fixboot and press Enter.
How do I unlock a locked drive in Windows 7?
Steps to Unlock Drive locked with BitLocker
- Click on start menu and type “BitLocker” in search box.
- Select the “BitLocker Drive Encryption” from the search list.
- Next to the drive that is locked, you will see Turn off Bit Locker option, click on the same and it will ask for permission for Decrypting that Drive.
How do I remove a locked drive?
Right-click the partition on the hard drive you want to erase and select “Format” from the context menu. Follow the prompts and make sure the “Perform a quick format” option is deselected. It will take several minutes to erase and reformat the drive.
How do I access a hard drive without a password?
As others have mentioned you can try using a sata -usb adapter or disk caddy connected to another computer to access the data. If the drive has been encrypted with Bit-Locker you will need the recovery key. You can also try booting the laptop with a Linux live cd & then try moving the data to another storage device.
How do I unlock a locked BitLocker hard drive?
Open Windows Explorer and right-click on the BitLocker encrypted drive, and then choose Unlock Drive from the context menu. You’ll get a popup in the upper right corner that asking for BitLocker password. Enter your password and click Unlock. The drive is now unlocked and you can access the files on it.
How do I unlock my C drive?
How to Unlock a Hard Drive
- Step 1: Run a disk check. Install the boot disk or USB drive, and power the computer on. …
- Step 2: Run a system file check. Boot the computer from the disk or USB as you did in step one. …
- Step 3: Complete a startup repair. …
- Step 4: Try a system restore. …
- Step 5: Refresh your PC.
How do I unlock my C drive control panel?
Unlock Fixed or Removable BitLocker Drive in Control Panel
- Open Control PanelSystem and SecurityBitLocker Drive Encryption.
- On the right side of the Drive Encryption Dialog, find your fixed drive.
- Click on the Unlock drive link.
- Enter the password to unlock this drive, and click on Unlock.
Can’t repair Windows 10 drive locked?
Hard drive locked during Windows 10 recovery
- Hit Cancel on the error message. …
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Then click Advanced options from the Troubleshoot menu.
- On the Advanced options screen that appears, click the Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, type bootrec /FixMbr and press Enter on the keyboard.
Can’t run chkdsk because drive is locked?
To run CHKDSK on a locked drive, you should first unlock the drive by using CMD command or a third-part write-protection removal tool. You may refer to Remove Write Protection on Windows 10/8/7 for a guide. … Type: chkdsk E: /f /r /x and press “Enter”. (Replace “E” with the drive letter of your hard drive.)
How do I lock a drive in Windows 7 without BitLocker?
A new tab will open of “Prevent access to drives from My Computer”. First, enable the option and select the option of drives that you want to lock. Here is my case, I selected the ‘D drive’. After selecting the drive simply press on the ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.