Can Internet Explorer be uninstalled?
If you don’t use Internet Explorer, don’t uninstall it. Uninstalling Internet Explorer may cause your Windows computer to have problems. Even though removing the browser isn’t a wise option, you can safely disable it and use an alternative browser to access the internet.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 9 on Vista?
Right-click on Windows Internet Explorer 9 and select uninstall from the context menu.
How do I force uninstall Internet Explorer?
About This Article
- Open Start.
- Open Settings.
- Click Apps, then click the Apps & features tab.
- Click Manage optional features.
- Click Internet Explorer 11, then click Uninstall.
Why can’t I delete Internet Explorer from my computer?
Because Internet Explorer 11 comes preinstalled on Windows 10 — and no, you can’t uninstall it. … On the left side of the Programs and Features window, you should see a link with a blue and yellow shield next to it that says Turn Windows features on or off. Click this link to open the Windows Features window.
Should I turn off Internet Explorer 11?
If you’re not sure if you need Internet Explorer or not, I would recommend simply disabling Internet Explorer and testing your normal sites. If you run into issues, worse-case, you can re-enable the browser. However, for most of us out there, you should be just fine.
Can I delete Internet Explorer if I have Google Chrome?
Or I can delete Internet Explorer or Chrome to make sure I have more space on my laptop. Hi, No, you cannot ‘delete’ or uninstall Internet Explorer. Some IE files are shared with Windows Explorer and other Windows functions/features.
How do I update Internet Explorer on Vista?
How to Upgrade Internet Explorer for Vista
- Determine what the most current release of IE is. …
- Verify the current version installed. …
- Download manually. …
- Click the file to start installation.
How do you reset Internet Explorer?
Reset Internet Explorer settings
- Close all open windows and programs.
- Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
- In the box, Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?, select Reset.
How do I uninstall old Internet Explorer?
To revert back to Windows 10-style File Explorer, uncheck all the options on the OldNewExplorer configuration dialog box and select the default options from the drop-down lists in the Appearance section. Then, click “Uninstall” in the Shell extension section.
How do you clear your history on Internet Explorer?
Delete your browsing history
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, point to Safety, and then select Delete browsing history.
- Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then select Delete.