In Windows 7, open the Start menu. Click Computer to enter Windows Explorer (or press Windows key + E on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer). From there, right-click the DVD drive icon. Select Eject.
How do I open my CD drive without the button?
In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I open my CD drive on Windows 7?
In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start , and then click Computer. In earlier versions of Windows, click Start, and then click My Computer. Right-click the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I open the CD drive on my keyboard?
Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+O will activate the “Open CDROM” shortcut and will open the door of your CD-ROM.
How do I open my CD drive?
Use the following steps:
- Close any applications using the drive and then shut down the PC.
- Find the pinhole on the drive door.
- Bend part of the paperclip to a point. Insert the paperclip slowly until there is resistance, then gently push until the drive door is opened.
- Pull the drive tray out and remove the disk.
Why CD drive is not opening?
Try shutting down or configuring any software programs that create discs or monitor the disc drive. If the door still does not open, insert the end of a straightened paper clip into the manual eject hole on the front of the drive. Close all programs and shut down the computer.
How do I open my CD drive on my HP laptop Windows 7?
Although opening the DVD drive can be different from model to model, you can always open it from Windows 7.
- Click the Start button and select “Computer” from the menu to open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the DVD drive in the left pane. …
- Select “Eject” from the context menu to open the DVD drive on the HP laptop.
How do I open my CD drive on Windows 10?
Press the eject button.
- If your CD/DVD-ROM drive has a long horizontal plastic bar on the front, press firmly on the right side of the bar to eject the tray.
- Continue with this method if the eject button doesn’t work.
What is the shortcut to open D drive?
By default, tapping Win-E opens the Computer folder (formerly known as My Computer), which affords quick access to your drives.
What to do if CD is not reading in laptop?
In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right-click the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive that is listed, and then click Uninstall. Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the device. Restart your computer (Once the restart is complete, the Operating System will automatically install the required drivers).
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
If your CD/DVD drive is having trouble recognizing a disc:
- If you know the disc isn’t blank, check whether the data surface is damaged. …
- Try a different disc. …
- Try the disc in another computer’s drive. …
- Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. To initiate installation, insert your CD and then: Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive). …