Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it. Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose Update Driver.
How do I fix no audio device installed?
How to Fix “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” in Windows 10
- Run Audio Troubleshooter.
- Disconnect and Reconnect External Audio Output Device.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Audio Device.
- Update Audio Drivers.
- Update Windows 10.
- Install Audio Device as Legacy Hardware.
- Reset Windows 10.
How do I install an audio device on my computer?
Click “Hardware and Sound.” In the menu that you just opened, there will be an option titled “Hardware and Sound.” Next to it, there is an icon of a printer and a speaker. Click “Add a device.” This will be a blue link at the top left of your menu. When you click this, a screen will pop up.
How do I fix no audio device Windows 10?
“No Audio Output Device is Installed” Error Windows 10
- Automatically update your audio device drivers.
- Manually uninstall device driver & Manually reinstall the drivers.
- Re-enable the device.
How do I enable my audio device?
Re-enable audio device
- Open Control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on Sounds.
- Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
- Right click on the device and Enable it.
How do I reinstall my sound card driver?
Reinstall audio driver from Control Panel
- Type Appwiz. …
- Find audio driver entry and Right-click on the audio driver and then choose Uninstall option.
- Choose Yes to continue.
- Reboot your device when the driver is removed.
- Get the latest version of the audio driver and install it on your PC.
How do I use two audio outputs on my computer?
Output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10
- Press Start, type Sound into the search space and select same from the list.
- Select Speakers as the default playback device.
- Go to the “Recording” tab, right-click and enable “Show Disabled Devices”
How do I add an audio output device to Windows 10?
To switch between audio output devices in Windows 10:
- Click the audio output icon in the taskbar system tray.
- Click the device name at the top of the audio controls flyout.
- Select a new output device from the list of devices.
Where do I find audio settings on Windows 10?
5. Check sound settings
- Right-click the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer.
- You’ll see a set of volume controls for your devices. …
- Check your device properties to make sure that your devices have not been disabled by mistake. …
- Select your audio device, and then select Device properties.
How do I reinstall Realtek audio?
2. How to reinstall Realtek audio driver Windows 10
- Press the Windows key + X hotkeys.
- Select Device Manager on the menu to open the window shown directly below.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand that category.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and select the Uninstall device option.
How do I find the audio device on my computer?
3. Check audio devices
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound.
- Click Sound.
- Go to the Playback tab.
- Right-click an empty area and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
- If you see your audio device, right-click it and select Enable Device.
How do I fix unknown speaker?
Fixes to try
- Install all Windows updates.
- Install or update your audio driver.
- Run the audio troubleshooter.
- Change the startup type of audio services.
- Reset your PC.
Why is my audio device not detected?
As mentioned, the “no audio output device is installed in Windows 10” error happens due to a corrupted or outdated driver. Therefore, the best way to fix this error is to update your sound drivers. You can update drivers manually, but it can be somewhat a daunting task.
How do I manage my audio devices?
Windows: Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Hardware and Sound in Windows Vista or Sound in Windows 7. Under the Sound tab, click Manage Audio Devices.