How do I install an older version of Java on Linux?
apt-get install -d sun-java-jdk / openjdk-6-jdk — the -d will only download the file into your /var/cache/apt/arhives folder. dpkg -i –force-downgrade /var/cache/apt/archives/sun-java-jdk (the version # that you have). Lock Version in Synaptic so ubuntu doesn’t try to upgrade it again.
How do I install Java 1.8 on Ubuntu?
Installing Open JDK 8 on Debian or Ubuntu Systems
- Check which version of the JDK your system is using: java -version. …
- Update the repositories: sudo apt-get update.
- Install OpenJDK: sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk. …
- Verify the version of the JDK: …
- If the correct version of Java is not being used, use the alternatives command to switch it: …
- Verify the version of the JDK:
How do I install a specific version of a package in Ubuntu?
Ubuntu users can install package from previous release or install a specific version of a package. A specific version of a package can be selected for installation by following the package name with an equals and the version of the package to select. This will cause that version to be located and selected for install.
What version of Java is installed on Ubuntu?
To check the Java version on Linux Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS:
- Open a terminal window.
- Run the following command: java -version.
- The output should display the version of the Java package installed on your system. In the example below, OpenJDK version 11 is installed.
12 авг. 2020 г.
Can I download older versions of Java?
How can I download an older versions of Java? Visit the Java Archive Download Page to get other versions of Java. We recommended installing the latest version of Java from java.com.
How do I run an older version of Java?
- Step 1: Uninstall current version of Java. Access the Control Panel: In Windows 7 select the Windows button, then select Control Panel. …
- Step 2: Install desired version of Java. Go to Oracle’s Java SE 8 Archive Downloads page and locate the desired version of Java.
16 июн. 2017 г.
What is the command to install Java in Linux?
Java for Linux Platforms
- Change to the directory in which you want to install. Type: cd directory_path_name. …
- Move the . tar. gz archive binary to the current directory.
- Unpack the tarball and install Java. tar zxvf jre-8u73-linux-i586.tar.gz. The Java files are installed in a directory called jre1. …
- Delete the . tar.
How do I install Java on Linux terminal?
Installing Java on Ubuntu
- Open the terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and update the package repository to ensure you download the latest software version: sudo apt update.
- Then, you can confidently install the latest Java Development Kit with the following command: sudo apt install default-jdk.
19 июн. 2019 г.
Which is latest version of Java?
The latest version of Java is Java 15 or JDK 15 released on September, 15th 2020 (follow this article to check Java version on your computer).
How do I install a specific version of APT package?
2) Install a specific version of a package
# apt-get install virtualbox=5.0. 18-dfsg-2build1 -V Reading package lists… Done Building dependency tree Reading state information… Done The following additional packages will be installed: dkms (2.2.
How do I install a specific version of NPM?
To update Node with npm, you first need to install the n module.
- Clear the npm cache: npm cache clean -f.
- Install the n module: npm install -g n.
- Then you can install the latest Node version: n stable or Select a version to install: n [version.number] – the version number can be like 4.9.1 or 8 or v6.1.
17 авг. 2020 г.
How do I check apt-get version?
apt-cache policy <package name> will show the version details. It also shows which version is currently installed and which versions are available to install. Also, the apt-show-versions package (installed separately) parses dpkg information about what is installed and tells you if packages are up to date.
Is Java 1.8 the same as Java 8?
javac -source 1.8 (is an alias for javac -source 8 ) java.
Which version of Java do I have?
Control Panel (Windows)
Open the Start Menu and select Control Panel. From the Control Panel, select Programs -> Programs and Features.
Where is my Java path Ubuntu?
Setting JAVA_HOME environment variable in Ubuntu
- Open a terminal.
- Open “profile” file using following command: sudo gedit /etc/profile.
- Find the java path in /usr/lib/jvm. If it’s JDK 7 the java path would be something similar to /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle.
- Insert the following lines at the end of the “profile” file.
10 июн. 2018 г.