Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s page for upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key, then click on the light blue “Install Windows 8” button. Step 2: Launch the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted. Continue the setup process until it begins downloading Windows 8.
How can I download Windows 8 for free?
Get the free update
- Go to the Windows 8.1 download page and select your Windows edition.
- Select Confirm and follow the remaining prompts to begin the download.
- The update will download and install in the background while you use your PC to do other things.
How do I install Windows 8 after downloading?
Windows 8.1 clean install.
- Turn on your PC so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 8.1 DVD or USB flash drive, and then shut down your PC.
- Restart your PC. …
- Please setup language along with other preferences and click [Next].
- Click [Install now] to start the process.
How much does it cost to get Windows 8?
Microsoft is revealing today that the basic Windows 8.1 upgrade edition will cost $119.99, with the Pro version priced at $199.99.
How can I update my Windows 7 to Windows 8 for free?
Press Start → All Programs. When the program list shows, find “Windows Update” and click to execute. Click “Check for updates” to download the necessary updates. Install updates for your system.
How do I install Windows 8 without a product key?
Skip Product Key Input in Windows 8.1 Setup
- If you are going to install Windows 8.1 using a USB drive, transfer the installation files to the USB and then proceed to step 2. …
- Browse to the /sources folder.
- Look for the ei.cfg file and open it in a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ (preferred).
How do I put Windows 8 on a USB?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft and then install it. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop without CD drive?
How To Install Windows without a CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from ISO file on a Bootable USB Storage Device. For starters, to install windows from any USB storage device, you need to create a bootable ISO file of the windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows Using Your Bootable Device.
Do I have to pay for Windows 8?
Let’s start with the good news: the Windows 8.1 update (which will be available online via the Windows Store on October 18) is free for all properly activated Windows 8 computers. Now the bad news: If you’re planning to upgrade a PC running an older version of Windows, you’ll need to pay for a new Windows 8.1 license.
How much does it cost to install Windows on a PC?
If you’ve got an outdated version of Windows (anything older than 7) or build your own PCs, Microsoft’s latest release will cost $119. That’s for Windows 10 Home, and the Pro tier will be priced higher at $199.
Can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free?
Windows 10 was launched back in 2015 and at the time, Microsoft said that users on older Windows OS can upgrade to the latest version for free for a year. But, 4 years later, Windows 10 is still available as a free upgrade for those using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 with a genuine licence, as tested by Windows Latest.