Automatic restarts after an update will occur outside of the active hours. By default, active hours are from 8 AM to 5 PM on PCs and from 5 AM to 11 PM on phones. Users can change the active hours manually.
How do I stop Windows from automatically restarting for updates?
Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component > Windows Update. Double-click No auto-restart with automatic installations of scheduled updates” Select the Enabled option and click “OK.”
How do I know if Windows Update is restarting?
Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update . Select Schedule the restart and choose a time that’s convenient for you. Note: You can set active hours to make sure your device only restarts for updates when you’re not using your PC.
Why is Windows 10 stuck restarting?
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable. Make sure the box before Turn on fast startup (Recommended) is unchecked, then click Save changes and close the window. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Check your computer to see if it is still stuck on restarting.
What to do if Windows is stuck on update?
How to fix a stuck Windows update
- Make sure the updates really are stuck.
- Turn it off and on again.
- Check the Windows Update utility.
- Run Microsoft’s troubleshooter program.
- Launch Windows in Safe Mode.
- Go back in time with System Restore.
- Delete the Windows Update file cache yourself.
- Launch a thorough virus scan.
How long does a Windows update take?
It may take between 10 and 20 minutes to update Windows 10 on a modern PC with solid-state storage. The installation process may take longer on a conventional hard drive. Besides, the size of the update also affects the time it takes.
What is active hours in Windows Update?
Active hours let Windows know when you’re typically at your PC. We’ll use that info to schedule updates and restarts when you’re not using the PC.
How can I check my Windows reboot schedule?
So these are the steps.
- Press win + r to get the run box. Then type taskschd.msc and press enter.
- This will launch Task Scheduler. Right-click on the Task Scheduler Library and select New Folder. …
- Expand Task Scheduler Library and select the Schedule Reboot folder. Then right-click on it and select Create Basic Task.
What to do if HP laptop is stuck on restarting?
If the issue persists, try the below steps:
- Turn off the laptop.
- Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn’t any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
- Turn on the laptop.
- Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.
Why my computer is restarting again and again?
There could be multiple reasons for the computer to keep restarting. It could be because of some hardware failure, malware attack, corrupted driver, faulty Windows update, dust in the CPU, and many such reasons. Follow this guide for the fixes to the problem.
How long does Windows 10 take to restart?
It could take as long as 20 minutes, and your system will probably restart several times.