If (and only IF) your Windows computer uses a legacy BIOS and a spinning-platter-based hard drive, you may be able to invoke Safe Mode in Windows 10 using the familiar F8 or Shift-F8 keyboard shortcut during the computer’s boot process.
How do I force a Safe boot?
Press Windows key + R (force Windows to start into safe mode every time you reboot the PC)
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type msconfig in the dialog box.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Select the Safe Boot option and click Apply.
- Choose Restart to apply the changes when the System Configuration window pops up.
How do I boot into Safe Mode with Windows 10?
How to boot in Safe Mode in Windows 10
- Hold down the Shift button as you click “Restart.” …
- Choose “Troubleshoot” on the Choose an option screen. …
- Choose “Startup Settings” and then click Restart to get to the final selection menu for Safe Mode. …
- Enable Safe Mode with or without internet access.
How do I boot to Safe Mode in UEFI BIOS?
You can use start menu -> run -> MSCONFIG . Then, under the boot tab there is a checkbox which when checked, will reboot into safe mode on next reboot.
How do I start my computer in Safe Mode when F8 doesn’t work?
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box. 2) Type msconfig in the Run box and click OK. 3) Click Boot. In Boot options, check the box next to Safe boot and select Minimal, and click OK.
Does F8 work on Windows 10?
First, you have to enable the F8 key method
On Windows 7, you could press the F8 key as your computer was booting to access the Advanced Boot Options menu. … But on Windows 10, the F8 key method doesn’t work by default. You have to manually enable it.
How do I open the boot menu in Windows 10?
I – Hold the Shift key and restart
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
How do I boot into Windows recovery?
How to Access Windows RE
- Select Start, Power, and then press and hold Shift key while clicking Restart.
- Select Start, Settings, Update and Security, Recovery. …
- At the command prompt, run the Shutdown /r /o command.
- Use the following steps to boot the System by using a Recovery Media.
What is the boot menu key for Windows 10?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.
How do I boot into BIOS?
Get ready to act quickly: You need to start the computer and press a key on the keyboard before the BIOS hands over control to Windows. You have only a few seconds to perform this step. On this PC, you’d press F2 to enter the BIOS setup menu.