WhatsApp is not sending the message as a GIF image—in fact, the message is sent as a video itself and since the video is short, it actually plays it in a loop on the screen, which looks like a GIF animation without sound.
Why dont GIFs work on WhatsApp?
Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not support linking animated GIFs. If you try to send a link to a GIF the link will send properly. In some cases, you may get an inline embedded image, but the preview won’t be animated. In WhatsApp Web, you can’t upload custom GIFs from your computer.
How do I enable GIFs on WhatsApp?
How to use GIFs
- Open WhatsApp.
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap Stickers > GIF.
- Next, you can tap: Search search for a specific GIF. Recents to see your recently used GIFs. Favorites to see your favorite or starred GIFs.
- Select and tap the GIF you want to send.
- Tap Send .
Do GIFs play in WhatsApp?
WhatsApp allows users to send and receive GIFs, and the app has a library of stored GIFs. Senders are able to edit the image as they would a static picture, as well as add a caption.
Why are my GIFs not working on iPhone?
Disable the Reduce Motion Function. The first common tip to solve GIFs not working on iPhone is to disable the Reduce Motion function. This function is designed to limit the screen movement and save the battery life of your phone. However, it normally reduces some functions such as limiting the animated GIFs.
How do I enable a GIF?
How to Use Gif Keyboard on Android. To use the GIF keyboard feature, all you need to do is follow these steps: Click on the messaging app and tap on the compose message option. On the keyboard that is displayed, click on the icon that says GIF at the top (this option may only appear for users operating the Gboard).
How do I send a GIF in iMessage?
Go into iMessage and select a conversation thread of the person you want to send the GIF to. Tap on the text box once to bring up the keyboard and then tap on it again to bring up the “Paste” prompt. Tap it when it appears. The GIF image will paste itself inside the text box.
How do I send GIFs via WhatsApp?
If you have a GIF already saved to your Android phone, sharing it on WhatsApp is relatively easy.
- Open the specific chat (contact or group) where you want to share the GIF.
- Tap on Attachments >> Gallery >> GIF tab. Here, you can find all your locally stored GIF files.
- Select a particular GIF and hit the Send button.
Where can I get a GIF image?
10 Sites for Finding the Perfect GIF
- Reaction GIFs.
How do I convert GIF to mp4?
How to convert GIF to MP4
- Upload gif-file(s) Select files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or by dragging it on the page.
- Choose “to mp4” Choose mp4 or any other format you need as a result (more than 200 formats supported)
- Download your mp4.
How do I enable GIFs on my iPhone?
How to get the iMessage GIF keyboard
- Open Messages and compose a new message or open an existing one.
- Tap the ‘A’ (Apps) icon to the left of the text field.
- If #images don’t pop up first, tap the icon with four bubbles in the bottom left corner.
- Tap on #images to browse, search and choose a GIF.
How do I get #images back on my iPhone?
If you see the missing photo or video, you can move it back into your Recents album. Like this: On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap the photo or video, then tap Recover.
Check your Recently Deleted folder
- Tap Select.
- Tap the photos or videos, then tap Recover.
- Confirm that you want to recover the photos or videos.
How do I add #images to my iPhone?
Make sure that the #images app is enabled:
- From the app drawer, swipe left, then tap .
- Tap Edit, then tap to add the #images app.