To create a Smart Materials, a folder is required. The content of the Smart Materials will be contained in the folder. Then simply right-click on the folder and select “Create smart material”. The Smart Material will then be added to the current shelf and will be named accoridng to the folder selected.
What is smart materials in substance painter?
Smart Materials are unique to Painter. Aside from tiling, uniform detail, they also have mesh-specific details, that are automatically adapted to your mesh. For this to work, you must bake your maps first. Smart Materials can only be made and used inside Substance Painter.
How do I export a smart material from a substance painter?
- Create a single top-level group and move all the existing layers into this group (or select all layers and press Ctrl-G ).
- Right-click that group and select Create Smart Material.
- Find the . spsm file in your Default shelf (see your settings). You can then archive/share this as required.
How do you become a good substance painter?
8 super tips for Substance Painter
- Create a texture library. …
- Consider the lighting. …
- Keep your workflow non-destructive. …
- Start early with dirt and decals. …
- Smart masks and generators. …
- Create a strong base. …
- Make use of UV Maps. …
- Think through your wear and tear.
How do you import materials into a substance painter?
Navigate to Substance Painter and in the top menu click File > Import:
- An Import Resources dialog will open:
- Current Session: This location will be a temporary import that will only exist during this session of Substance Painter.
How do you bake a substance painter?
How to bake Mesh maps
- Open or Show the Texture Set Settings window: …
- Inside the Texture Set Settings window, click on the Bake Mesh Maps button to open the Baker Settings window:
- Click on the Bake All or Bake “Your Material Name” button at the bottom of the Baker Settings window to start the process:
How can you save material in a substance?
The answer is you need to make a new folder (top right of the Layers panel) and put all your layers in there. Then right click that folder and hit ‘create smart material’. The material will show up in the “Smart Materials”.
How can I get a free substance painter?
How to Get the Substance Painter and Substance Design for Free? To get the Substance Painter and Substance Design, simply upload your student ID and download the code for the software. You can download the free education license here. The free education license is valid for a year and it’s renewable.
What is the difference between substance painter and designer?
Substance Designer creates complex textures, called materials, while Substance Painter applies those materials to the model itself. Think of it as the difference between creating The Starry Night (Designer) and mixing the shades of azure, ebony, and eggshell that make up the painting (Painter).
How do you import mesh into a substance painter?
Import and prepare the OBJ file in Substance Painter
- Create a new Substance Painter project by clicking File > New.
- In the New project dialog, click Select to choose a mesh.
- Select the OBJ file that you exported from Maya, and then click Open.
- In the New project window, click OK.