Why can’t I see the Wi-Fi icon on my computer?
If the Wi-Fi icon is not showing on your laptop, chances are that the wireless radio is disabled on your device. You can enable it back again by turning on the hard or soft button for the wireless radio. Refer to your PC manual to locate such a button. Also, you can turn on the wireless radio through the BIOS setup.
What do I do if my Wi-Fi is not showing up on my laptop?
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Start Menu, type in Services and open it up.
- In the Services window, locate the WLAN Autoconfig service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties. …
- Change the Startup type to ‘Automatic’ and click Start to run the service. …
- Click Apply and then hit OK.
- Check if this fixes the issue.
How do I add hidden icons to my Wi-Fi?
If it’s not hidden, let’s turn it on from the Settings:
- Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch Settings.
- Click System, then Notifications & actions from the left pane.
- Click the Turn system icons on or off under Quick actions.
- Locate the Network option, and make sure that it is enabled or turned ON.
How do I restore my WiFi icon on Windows 7?
- Right-click the taskbar and select Properties.
- Select the Taskbar tab –> Customize under the Notification area.
- Click Turn system icons on or off.
- Select On from the Behaviors drop-down of the Network icon. Click OK to exit.
How do I find my Internet icon?
Alternatively, you can right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings. On the right side of the Taskbar Settings window, scroll down to the Notification area section, and click the Turn system icons on or off link. Click the toggle to the On position for the Network icon.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on my desktop?
- Click the Windows button -> Settings -> Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed. Click Connect. Disable/Enable WiFi.
How do I manually connect to Wi-Fi?
Option 2: Add network
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Touch and hold Wi-Fi .
- At the bottom of the list, tap Add network. You may need to enter the network name (SSID) and security details.
- Tap Save.
What to do if Wi-Fi is not showing in Windows 10?
Tap or click Power > Restart. Sign in to Windows, go back to Settings, and see whether your wireless settings are there. If Wi-Fi settings are still missing: Go to Solution 2. If Wi-Fi settings are visible: Make sure that Wi-Fi is set to On and that your network name appears in the list of available wireless networks.