Use this to quickly find and access settings in iOS:
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- At the primary Settings app screen, tap and pull down on the settings screen to reveal the “Search” box at the top of the Settings screen.
Where do I find the iOS on my iPhone?
Answer: You can quickly determine which version of iOS is running on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by launching the Settings apps. Once open, navigate to General > About and then look for Version. The number next to version will indicate which type of iOS you are using.
How do you get to settings on iPhone?
Type “Settings” into the search field and tap the “Done” button. If the Settings icon appears in the list, you do not need to restore your iPhone. Use the search feature to launch the Settings app or check your folders manually to find the icon and move it back to your home screen.
Where are advanced settings on iPhone?
Set advanced network settings in the iOS Setup Assistant
- On the Hello screen, press the Home button or swipe up.
- On the Choose a Wi-Fi Network screen, press the Home button or press and hold the Side button for 2 seconds.
- Tap More Wi-Fi Settings.
- Next to your network’s name, tap .
How do I change settings on my iPhone?
Change iPhone settings
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Turn on either of the following: Set Automatically: iPhone gets the correct time over the network and updates it for the time zone you’re in. Some networks don’t support network time, so in some regions iPhone may not be able to automatically determine the local time.
What is the current iPhone iOS?
The latest version of iOS is 12.2. Learn how to update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The latest version of macOS is 10.14.4.
What does iOS mean on iPhone?
iOS (formerly iPhone OS) is a mobile operating system created and developed by Apple Inc. exclusively for its hardware. It is the operating system that presently powers many of the company’s mobile devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Where do I find my settings?
To access these settings, do the following:
- On your phone or tablet, touch & hold the Home button.
- At the top right, tap the icon.
- Select Explore and the icon.
- Select Settings.
- Under Devices, choose a device.
Where do I find security settings on my iPhone?
Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and type in your passcode. Then, scroll down and ensure that USB Accessories are not permitted on the lock screen, so make sure the setting is Off.
How do I restore settings on my iPhone?
Restore from an iCloud backup
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
How do I access my Sonos settings?
- Plug in your Sonos products to power.
- Download the Sonos app to your phone or tablet that is connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Sonos app, select “Set up a new Sonos system,” then create or sign in to your Sonos account.
How do you find hidden apps on iPhone?
To view your hidden app purchases:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on the profile icon or your photo in the upper right corner.
- Tap on your Apple ID. You may need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap on hidden Purchases.
How can I tell which iPhone I have?
What iPhone Do I Have? iOS 10.3 or Later
- Open the Settings app.
- At the top, you’ll see your Apple ID/iCloud profile photo and your name. Tap on it.
- Scroll down until you see your devices. The first device should be your iPhone; you will see the name of your device. Tap on it.
How do I get to my app settings?
Check or change app settings
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap the app you want to change. If you don’t see it, first tap See all apps or App info.
- To edit a setting, tap it. Available settings vary by app. Uninstall or disable. Storage. Data usage. Permissions. App notifications. Open by default. Battery. Memory.
How do I update my iPhone purchases?
Cancel or update a subscription purchased from my iPhone/iPad
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in or use Touch ID.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
- Use the options to manage your subscription.
How do you manage app settings on iPhone?
How to manage app permissions on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap an app to view which apps can access it.
- Tap the switch next to each app to allow or deny access.
What iOS does iPhone 6 have?
The iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus ship with iOS 9. iOS 9 release date is September 16. iOS 9 features improvements to Siri, Apple Pay, Photos and Maps, plus a new News app. It will also introduce a new app thinning technology that could give you more storage capacity.
What devices will be compatible with iOS 11?
According to Apple, the new mobile operating system will be supported on these devices:
- iPhone X iPhone 6/6 Plus and later;
- iPhone SE iPhone 5S iPad Pro;
- 12.9-in., 10.5-in., 9.7-in. iPad Air and later;
- iPad, 5th generation and later;
- iPad Mini 2 and later;
- iPod Touch 6th generation.
Which iPhones have been discontinued?
Apple announced three new iPhone models on Wednesday, but it also seems to have discontinued four older models. The company is no longer selling the iPhone X, 6S, 6S Plus, or SE through its website.
What does iOS 10 or later mean?
iOS 10 is the tenth major release of the iOS mobile operating system developed by Apple Inc., being the successor to iOS 9. Reviews of iOS 10 were mostly positive. Reviewers highlighted the significant updates to iMessage, Siri, Photos, 3D Touch, and the lock screen as welcome changes.
What does the abbreviation iOS mean?
Slang / Jargon (6) Acronym. Definition. IOS. Internetwork Operating System.
What is Apple iOS used for?
Apple iOS is a proprietary mobile operating system that runs on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Apple iOS is based on the Mac OS X operating system for desktop and laptop computers. The iOS developer kit provides tools that allow for iOS app development.
What happens when reset all settings on iPhone?
“Erase All Content and Settings”. If you only want to rectify a glitch, the “Reset All Settings” is more than enough to solve your problems. As mentioned earlier, the “Reset All Settings” option doesn’t delete any of your apps or data, however it does reset all system settings to default.
What does reset all content and settings do on iPhone?
Erasing all content and settings will delete all of the data from your device, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and anything else. All device settings are restored to their factory condition. After erasing all content and settings, it will force your phone into recovery mode.
How do I get my settings app back on my iPhone?
Slide finger down on screen to open Spotlight Search > Type settings into the search bar and search. 2. Navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout > Tap Reset Home Screen to confirm. After confirmed, your home screen will be restored to the factory app icon layout.
How do I set my iPhone to only update on WiFi?
On iOS, go into Settings and scroll down to iTunes & App Store. Here you will see some options. The first is automatic downloads which include Music, Apps, Books & Audiobooks and Updates. Underneath it is the option to use mobile data and if you turn it off, the above will only update on WiFi.
How can I download iPhone apps over 150mb?
How to Download Apps over 100 MB/150 MB without Wi-Fi on iPhone
- Step 1 Go to App Store and start downloading the app with size over 150MB you want.
- Step 2 Press OK on the error message.
- Step 3 Then, open Settings and go to General > Date & Time.
- Step 4 Turn off the automatic date setting and enter a date manually.
How do I stop the iOS 11 update download?
Go back to the Home screen by pressing the Home button. Then go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage. Click “Manage Storage” and scroll down the screen to find the iOS 11 icon. Then you’ll be brought to the software update page, tap on “Delete Update” and the software updating process will be stopped.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”