How to Show the Desktop Using a Keyboard Shortcut. If you’d prefer to use a keyboard shortcut to temporarily hide your application windows and show the Desktop, press Windows+D. Like the ‘Show Desktop’ button, this shortcut works as a toggle. To bring back your application windows, press Windows+D again.
How do I get show desktop icon on Windows 10?
Show desktop icons in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.
What is a desktop shortcut on Windows 10?
Windows 10 lets you create shortcuts so that you can quickly access whatever you need. Shortcuts are handy little icons you can put on the desktop for quick access to items you use on a frequent basis. To create a new shortcut, first click the Start button on the taskbar. … Double-click the icon to open the app.
How do I make the Windows 10 desktop icon bigger?
How to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10
- Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
- Select View from the contextual menu.
- Select either Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons. The default is medium icons.
How do I enable Show desktop button?
Other than that, you may re-enable the feature by,
- Go to start menu and open settings.
- Go to personalization and open task bar.
- Locate “Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar” and make sure it is enabled.
What is the shortcut key for desktop?
Here is a list of keyboard shortcuts for Windows 10
|Press this key||To do this|
|Alt+Tab||Switch between open apps|
|Alt+F4||Close the active item, or exit the active app|
|Windows logo key +L||Lock your PC or switch accounts|
|Windows logo key +D||Display and hide the desktop|
How do I put an app shortcut on my desktop?
Method 1: Desktop Apps Only
- Select the Windows button to open the Start menu.
- Select All apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Select More.
- Select Open file location. …
- Right-click on the app’s icon.
- Select Create shortcut.
- Select Yes.
What is another name of Show desktop button?
Windows Show Desktop Keyboard Shortcut
Another alternative is to use a keyboard shortcut. Instead of tapping your mouse, just tap a special key combination on your keyboard. In Windows 10 and Windows 7, press Windows Key + D to minimize all open windows and view the desktop.
How do I change my desktop on Windows 10?
To switch between desktops:
- Open the Task View pane and click on the desktop you would like to switch to.
- You can also quickly switch between desktops with the keyboard shortcuts Windows key + Ctrl + Left Arrow and Windows key + Ctrl + Right Arrow.