How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my speakers?
From the desktop, right-click your taskbar’s Speaker icon and choose Playback Devices. The Sound window appears. Click (don’t double-click) your speaker’s icon and then click the Configure button. Click the speaker’s icon with the green check mark, because that’s the device your computer uses for playing sound.
Why does my computer speaker have no sound?
Bad sound card
Like any other hardware component in a computer, the device producing sound can fail. Make sure the computer sound card works properly by connecting another pair of speakers or headphones to the computer. Do not test the sound through a game or another program. Instead, see if a CD or a sound file works.
How do I get my audio back on Windows 10?
How to Fix Broken Audio on Windows 10
- Check your cables and volume. …
- Verify that the current audio device is the system default. …
- Restart your PC after an update. …
- Try a System Restore. …
- Run the Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter. …
- Update your audio driver. …
- Uninstall and reinstall your audio driver.
Why are my external speakers not working?
Check if the external speaker is set to the default output. Ensure the external speaker has power and the cables are connected properly. Connect external speaker/headphone to another device and check for sound. Test your computer’s hardware.
How do I reinstall Realtek audio?
2. How to reinstall Realtek audio driver Windows 10
- Press the Windows key + X hotkeys.
- Select Device Manager on the menu to open the window shown directly below.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand that category.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and select the Uninstall device option.
How do I activate the sound on my computer?
How Do I Turn on Sound on My Computer?
- Click the triangle to the left of the taskbar icons to open the hidden icon section.
- Many programs use internal volume settings in addition to the Windows volume sliders. …
- You’ll usually want the device labeled “Speakers” (or similar) set as the default.
How do I fix no sound on my computer speakers?
How do I fix “no sound” on my computer?
- Check your volume settings. …
- Restart or change your audio device. …
- Install or update audio or speaker drivers. …
- Disable audio enhancements. …
- Update the BIOS.
How do I enable sound on my computer without speakers?
How To Get Sound From Monitor Without Speakers
- Using the HDMI connection. You have to see if there’s an updated sound driver for your machine. …
- Using Audio Output Jack. You’re going to have to buy a stereo audio cable. …
- Using Audio Connector From Primary Devices. …
- Checking The Monitor’s Sound.
Why is my audio not working Windows 10?
Hardware problems can be caused by outdated or malfunctioning drivers. Make sure your audio driver is up to date and update it if needed. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling the audio driver (it will reinstall automatically). If that doesn’t work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows.
Why is my sound not working?
You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app. Check the media volume. If you still don’t hear anything, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off: Navigate to Settings.
How do I fix No audio output device Windows 10?
Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it. Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose the Uninstall device option. Restart your computer.
How do I fix unknown speaker?
Fixes to try
- Install all Windows updates.
- Install or update your audio driver.
- Run the audio troubleshooter.
- Change the startup type of audio services.
- Reset your PC.
Why are my speakers not showing up?
Your speakers won’t work if it’s not set as default output of sound. … 1) Right-click the speaker icon at the bottom right corner of the desktop and click on Playback devices. 2) Highlight Speakers or Speakers /Headphones and click Set Default. Note if you don’t see the speakers in the device list, it may be disabled.
Why did my computer speakers suddenly stop working?
In rare instances, a hardware incompatibility, software update, or Windows reinstallation can cause your sound to stop working, and you may need to tweak something in the BIOS. Reboot your computer and enter the BIOS/UEFI setup menu, usually by pressing Delete, F2, or some other key at startup.