How do I reinstall the blue screen of death?
Quickly Fix: Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death When Using Computer
- Remove newly added hardware devices, such as webcam, printer, and monitor, and then restart computer.
- Scan your computer for virus or malware. …
- Uninstall most recently installed programs and Windows updates.
- Install the latest Windows update.
How do I reset my computer blue screen?
Hold down the power button for five seconds, and hopefully, it will restart without a problem. While the Windows “blue screen of death” (BSOD) is always a scary sight, often Windows will fix it automatically. It will run some data behind the scenes and analyze this for you, then restart your computer.
Is blue screen of death bad?
Although a BSoD won’t damage your hardware, it can ruin your day. You’re busy working or playing, and suddenly everything stops. You’ll have to reboot the computer, then reload the programs and files you had open, and only after all that get back to work.
Why is it called blue screen of death?
While giving the error description to IBM (informally known as ‘Big Blue’ then), the Lattice, Inc. developers named the error as ‘Blue Screen of Death’ associating its color with IBM’s and a dead screen appearance that just didn’t move away without rebooting.
How do I check my blue screen error?
How do I check the BSOD log?
- Press Windows + X keyboard shortcut to open the Quick Links menu.
- Click on Event Viewer.
- Look over the Actions pane.
- Click the Create Custom View link.
- Select a time range. …
- Check the Error checkbox in the Event Level section.
- Select the Event Logs menu.
- Check the Windows Logs checkbox.
How do you fix your computer if it’s frozen?
If Ctrl + Alt + Delete doesn’t work, then your computer is truly locked up, and the only way to get it moving again is a hard reset. Press and hold down on the power button until your computer turns off, then press the power button again to boot back up from scratch.
How do I fix a blue screen on Windows 10?
11 Tips to Help You Fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Error
- Note Your Windows Blue Screen Stop Code. …
- Try Specific Troubleshooting for Your Blue Screen Error Code. …
- Review Recent Computer Changes. …
- Check for Windows and Driver Updates. …
- Run a System Restore. …
- Scan for Malware. …
- Test Your Computer Hardware. …
- Run an SFC Scan.
Can hard drive failure cause blue screen?
Computer crashes come in many forms and even colors. Sudden reboots are a sign of a possible hard drive failure. As is the blue screen of death, when your computer screen turns blue, freezes and may require rebooting. A strong sign of a hard drive failure is a computer crash when you are trying to access files.