You can right click the Taskbar and select Properties. Select the Jump Lists Tab and remove the check marks from the 2 options you see there. This will disable the Frequent Places list in File Explorer and the Jump Lists on the Taskbar.
How do I remove items from my frequent list?
Remove items from frequent folders list in File Explorer
- Right click on the Taskbar, click Properties, and click the Start Menu tab.
- To clear recently opened files in the Jump Lists on the taskbar and Start menu, clear the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar check box.
- Click OK.
Can I delete automatic destinations?
Yes indeed. In fact clearing these entirely will usually reset the entire jump list system and is usually better than trying to clear one specific list. Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers.
How do I clear recent places in Windows?
At the top-left of your File Explorer window, click “File,” and then click “Change folder and search options.” 3. Under “Privacy” in the General tab of the pop-up window that appears, click the “Clear” button to immediately clear all your Recent Files, then click “OK.”
How do I remove frequent Windows?
To clear Frequent folders and Recent files with Settings, do the following.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Personalization -> Start.
- On the right, turn off the option Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar.
- Turn on the option back.
How do I clear the frequent list in File Explorer?
You can clear your frequently used folders and recent files history from quick access using below steps:
- In Windows File Explorer, go to View menu and click “Options” to open “Folder Options” dialog.
- In “Folder Options” dialog, under Privacy section, click on “Clear” button next to “Clear File Explorer history”.
How do I turn off recent items?
The easiest way to turn off Recent Items is through Windows 10’s Settings app. Open “Settings” and click on the Personalization icon. Click on “Start” on the left side. From the right side, turn off “Show recently added apps”, and “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar”.
Should I delete Jump lists?
Depending on the app pinned to the taskbar, its Jump Lists includes a history of all of your recent files, folders, websites, and other items. Jump Lists are a nice feature to improve your workflow and productivity, but at times, you might want to remove all of the items.
How do I delete history on notepad?
- First, locate the application data folder of notepad++. This should be located at: …
- Locate and open config. xml to notepad for editing. …
- Delete the lines with tags: to remove, “search” history: <Find name=”[REPLACE_WORD]”…/> …
- Save config. xml.
How do I remove recents from notepad?
After you launch Settings, select the Personalization tile.
When the Personalization window appears, select the Start tab to access the settings shown in Figure D. Then, toggle off the Show Recently Opened Items In Jump Lists On Start Or The Taskbar option. As soon as you do, all the Recent items will be cleared.
How do I delete Recent Places in Word 2010?
To hide a specified place from the list or hide all of them manually:
- Launch your desired office application.
- Go to File->Recent.
- Right click on a recent place -> Remove from list. Choosing Clear unpinned Places will clear all places from the list.
How do I clear my history on Windows 10?
- When deleting your browsing history in Internet Explorer a useful keyboard shortcut is Ctrl-Shift-Delete.
- This brings up a dialogue box that lets you specify what you want to keep and what you want to get rid of.
- Just check the boxes next to the categories you want to remove.
- Click Delete.
How do I clear quick access history?
Click Start and type: file explorer options and hit Enter or click the option at the top of the search results. In the Privacy section, make sure both boxes are checked for recently used files and folders in Quick Access and click the Clear button.