Step 1: Right-click on the Windows 8.1 taskbar, then choose Properties. Step 2: Click on the Navigation tab, then under the Start screen section, check the box next to “When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start.”
How do I boot directly to desktop in Windows 8?
How to Boot Directly to the Desktop in Windows 8.1
- On the Windows 8.1 Desktop, right click on the taskbar and select Properties.
- Click on the Navigation tab.
- Under the Start Screen section, check Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in.
- Click OK and reboot to see the setting in action.
How do I change boot options in Windows 8?
How to Edit Windows 8 Boot Options
- Hold the Windows key + I.
- Click on Change PC Settings.
- Now click on General Options and then on Restart Now (that’s under Advanced Setup)
- Don’t worry, your system won’t reboot but you will get a blue boot options menu instead.
How do I get the Classic Start menu in Windows 8?
Open the Start menu by pressing Win or clicking the Start button. (In Classic Shell, the Start button may actually look like a seashell.) Click Programs, choose Classic Shell, and then select Start Menu Settings. Click the Start Menu Style tab and make your desired changes.
How do I bypass the boot menu in Windows 10?
Fix #1: Open msconfig
- Click Start.
- Type msconfig in the search box or open Run.
- Go to Boot.
- Select which Windows version you’d like to boot into directly.
- Press Set as Default.
- You can delete the earlier version by selecting it and then clicking Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I bypass the login screen on Windows 10?
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type in netplwiz.
- Select the user account you want to disable the login screen for.
- Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
- Enter the username and password that’s associated with the computer and click OK.
How do I bypass Windows login?
- Open Start Menu and search for netplwiz and hit Enter.
- In the window that opens, uncheck the option that says “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer”
- Now, enter and repeat your password and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
How do I fix Windows 8 not booting?
Table of Contents:
- Operating System.
- Specific Windows 8 No Boot Issues.
- Verify the Computer Finishes Initial Power-Up (POST)
- Unplug All External Devices.
- Check for Specific Error Messages.
- Reset the BIOS to Default Values.
- Run a Computer Diagnostic.
- Boot Computer to Safe Mode.
How do I get to advanced boot options in Windows 8?
Method 1: SHIFT + Restart
- Hold down either SHIFT key while tapping or clicking on Restart, available from any Power icon. Tip: Power icons are available in Windows 8 from either the Settings charm or from the logon/lock screen. …
- Wait while the Advanced Startup Options menu opens.
Can I only start Windows in Safe Mode?
Press “Windows + R” key and then type “msconfig” (without quotes) in the box and then press Enter to open Windows System Configuration. 2. Under Boot tab, make sure the Safe Mode option is unchecked. If it is checked, unchecked it and apply the changes to see if you can boot Windows 7 normally.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft is set to release Windows 11, the latest version of its best-selling operating system, on Oct. 5. Windows 11 features several upgrades for productivity in a hybrid work environment, a new Microsoft store, and is the “best Windows ever for gaming.”
Does Windows 8 have a desktop?
Windows 8 has two environments: the full screen, touch-centric Windows Store App interface (also called Metro) and the Desktop interface, which looks and acts like Windows 7. … Both Desktop and Windows Store apps can be launched from the Start screen.