How to Enable or Disable AirDrop in iOS 11 via Settings
- Open the “Settings” app on iOS.
- Tap on “General” then go to “AirDrop”
- Choose your AirDrop setting:
- Exit Settings with the AirDrop preference set.
Turn on AirDrop in iOS 11 Settings. 1. Unlock your iPhone > go to “Settings” > “AirDrop” > choose one receiving option from “Receiving Off, Contacts Only or Everyone”.iOS 11 also has a new Settings Menu just for AirDrop. And it’s super easy to find. Go to Settings > General >AirDrop. Then set your AirDrop preference, choosing between Receiving Off, Contacts Only, and Everyone.Set your AirDrop receiving options
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center. On iPhone X, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Press deeply or touch and hold the network settings card in the upper-left corner, then tap AirDrop.
- Then choose one of these options:
How do I turn on AirDrop on my iPhone?
Turning on AirDrop automatically turns on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®.
- Touch and hold the bottom of the screen, then swipe the Control center up.
- Tap AirDrop.
- Select the AirDrop setting: Receiving Off. AirDrop turned off. Contacts Only. AirDrop is discoverable only by people in contacts. Everyone.
How do I get AirDrop on Control Center?
Open the Settings application in iOS and go to “General” Now go to “Restrictions” and enter the devices passcode if requested. Look under the Restrictions list for “AirDrop” and be sure the switch is toggled in the ON position. Exit out of Settings and open Control Center again, AirDrop will be visible.
How do I set up AirDrop on my iPhone 8?
Step 1: Open Control Center on your iPhone 8/iPhone X in iOS 11 by swiping up from the bottom of your iPhone screen. Step 2: Press deeply on the module where Airplane Mode locate in. Step 3: Tap on AirDrop and set your iPhone to be discovered by Contacts Only or Everyone.
How do I enable AirDrop in control center?
To adjust AirDrop visibility from Control Center, do the following:
- 1) Open Control Center on your iOS device:
- 2) Tap and hold or press deeply the network settings card in the upper-left corner to reveal the expanded set of options, then hit the AirDrop icon in the card’s lower-left corner.
How do I turn on AirDrop on 6s?
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > General.
- Tap AirDrop.
- Select the AirDrop setting: Receiving Off. AirDrop turned off. Contacts Only. AirDrop is discoverable only by people in contacts. Everyone. AirDrop is discoverable by everyone. Apple.
How do I AirDrop all my contacts at once?
Step 1: Open Control Center on both of your iDevices. Step 2: Tap on AirDrop to turn it on and make sure you have switched on WLAN and Bluetooth. Step 3: Go to the Contacts App on your source iPhone, tap on the contacts you’d like to send to another iPhone and then choose Share Contact.
How do you make AirDrop visible to everyone?
How to turn on AirDrop for iPhone or iPad
- Launch Control Center by swiping up from the bottom bezel of your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are active. If they’re not, just tap on them.
- Tap AirDrop.
- Tap Contacts Only or Everyone to turn AirDrop on.
Why is my AirDrop not working on iPhone?
As you may know, using AirDrop requires you to turn on both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your devices. If there is a Wi-Fi connection problem on your iPhone, that could be the cause of your “AirDrop not working” problem. The method you can try to fix your Wi-Fi connection is to reset network settings on your device.
Does AirDrop use WiFi?
You do not need to be on a WiFi network to use AirDrop. You need to turn WiFi on, but you don’t need to connect to a network. AirDrop uses point-to-point WiFi to send the data. This is a direct wireless link between the two devices.
Why is my AirDrop not working?
If the aforementioned troubleshooting tips didn’t fix your AirDrop woes, try these: Sign out of iCloud on your devices and then sign back in. Restart your Mac and iOS devices. Force restart an iOS device by holding the Sleep/Wake and Home button.
How do I transfer files between iphones?
How to AirDrop files from your iPhone or iPad
- Open the app that you want to share something from (e.g. Photos).
- Select the item you want to share.
- Tap the share button (looks like a box with an arrow pointing up, or sometimes just the word “Share”).
- Tap the intended recipient’s avatar when it appears in the AirDrop row.
How do you AirDrop to WiFi?
If you’d like to receive a WiFi password on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Under Choose A Network…, tap the name of the network you would like to join.
- Hold your iPhone or iPad close to another iPhone or iPad that is already connected to the WiFi network.
How do I open AirDrop on iOS 12?
Method 1. How to Turn on/off AirDrop in iOS 12 via Control Center
- Step 1 Unlock your device > Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access Control Center.
- Step 2 Touch and hold the Airplane Mode, Cellular Data, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth section > Tap AirDrop > Choose one of these options:
How do I turn AirDrop off?
To turn it off, simply swipe up to display your Control Center (that menu at the bottom of the screen where you can put the phone in airplane mode or access the calculator) and then tap on Airdrop. Tap Off to disable the feature.
How do I change my AirDrop name?
Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > About.
- Tap the first line, which shows the name of your device.
- Rename your device, then tap Done.
Do you have to be in the same room to use AirDrop?
If you’ve got a reasonably new Apple product, you can use AirDrop to transfer even really big files in one shot. AirDrop requires Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to be turned on on your devices, but it creates its own Wi-Fi network between them, cutting out the need for an outside internet connection.
How do I turn on AirDrop on Mac?
To turn on and use AirDrop on Mac,
- Open “Finder”
- Select “Go” from the menu bar.
- Look for “AirDrop.”
- Wait for an AirDrop window to open.
- If your Mac’s Bluetooth or Wi-fi is turned off, you will be asked to turn them on.
- In the AirDrop window, you will be asked to choose who you want to see your device.
Can I use AirDrop on Android?
An Android device can connect to other Android devices easily via Bluetooth. iOS and Mac users also have their own AirDrop function for file sharing. Unfortunately, when it comes to transferring files between Android and iOS, it’s not that simple anymore.
How do I send an entire contact list from my iPhone?
Method 3 Sharing Contacts with Others
- Open the Contacts app on your iPhone. You can also open the Phone app and select the “Contacts” tab.
- Tap the contact that you want to send to someone.
- Tap Share Contact.
- Select the app you want to use to share.
- Enter the name of the person you wish to share the contact with.
Can you AirDrop contacts from old iPhone to new?
AirDrop uses both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology to share files between two Apple devices. It is also possible to transfer contacts using AirDrop. But you can only share one contact at a time and it isn’t possible to share multiple contacts iPhone AirDrop at the same time.
How do you select multiple contacts on iPhone?
How to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone
- Step 1: Download Cleaner Pro from the App Store.
- Step 2: Launch the app and go to the All Contacts tab, then tap the Edit icon.
- Step 3: Select the contacts you want to delete, then tap on the small trash can icon at the lower right corner.
What connection does AirDrop use?
AirDrop uses Bluetooth to create a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network between the devices. Each device creates a firewall around the connection and files are sent encrypted, which actually makes it safer than transferring via email.
How do I AirDrop pictures?
To AirDrop pictures and videos between iOS devices, fire up Photos for iOS. Find the images in your Camera Roll or in an album, and then tap the Select button at the upper-right. Tap the thumbnails you want to send, and Photos marks them with a checkmark. To deselect an item, tap the thumbnail again.
Does AirDrop use battery?
Use AirDrop sparingly, and only when needed. AirDrop allows you to share files and photos with other users wirelessly when they are in close proximity. But it can take a heavy toll on your battery, particularly when AirDrop is in “discoverable” mode.
Photo in the article by “フォト蔵”