If it is the case, back to Home screen, and tap on Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > tap on “Manage Storage” under STORAGE section, now locate the latest iOS version currently being downloaded, and tap on Delete Update.
This will stop iOS 10 download before it completes.
How do I stop iOS software update?
Option 2: Delete the iOS Update & Avoid Wi-Fi
- Open the Settings app and go to “General”
- Choose “Storage & iCloud Usage”
- Go to “Manage Storage”
- Locate the iOS software update that is nagging you and tap on it.
- Tap on “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update*
How do I stop the iOS 11 update download?
Go back to the Home screen by pressing the Home button. Then go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage. Click “Manage Storage” and scroll down the screen to find the iOS 11 icon. Then you’ll be brought to the software update page, tap on “Delete Update” and the software updating process will be stopped.
How do I turn off automatic updates iOS?
Disable iOS 12 Automatic Updates
- On your iPhone, launch Settings and select General > Software Update.
- Select Automatic Updates. Note, if your iPhone currently has pending updates they will be displayed here.
- Toggle Automatic Updates off (left/white).
How do I uninstall an iOS 11 update?
For Versions before iOS 11
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
How do I turn off automatic updates on iOS 11?
How to turn off Automatic Updates
- Tap Settings.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- In the section headed Automatic Downloads, set the slider next to Updates to Off (white).
How do I get rid of Apple software update?
Windows 10, 8, 7, & Vista
- Click the Windows Start button in the lower-left corner and type task scheduler in the Start Search box. Open the “Task Scheduler“.
- Expand the “Task Schedule Library” section.
- Select the “Apple” folder.
- Right-click “AppleSoftwareUpdate” and select “Disable” or “Delete“.
How do I stop the iOS 12 update download?
How to stop the Software Update in Progress: and Turn off for all the Time
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and tap “General”.
- Step 2: Click on “Software Update” to check the status.
- Step 3: Tap “General” and open “iPhone Storage” & For iPad “iPad Storage“.
- Step 4: Locate iOS 12 and tap on it.
How do I stop an update in progress?
You can also stop an update in progress by clicking the “Windows Update” option in the Control Panel, and then clicking the “Stop” button.
Can I delete an iOS update?
1) On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings and tap General. 2) Select iPhone Storage or iPad Storage depending on your device. 3) Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it. 4) Select Delete Update and confirm you do want to delete it.
How do I stop automatic software updates on my iPhone?
How to Turn on Automatic Software Updates in iOS 12
- Open the Settings app,
- Choose “General.”
- Select “Software Update.”
- Tap on “Automatic Updates.”
- Toggle the option from off to on.
How do I set my iPhone to only update on WiFi?
On iOS, go into Settings and scroll down to iTunes & App Store. Here you will see some options. The first is automatic downloads which include Music, Apps, Books & Audiobooks and Updates. Underneath it is the option to use mobile data and if you turn it off, the above will only update on WiFi.
How do I turn off automatic updates on ps4?
Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Automatic Downloads] > Tick the check box next to [Application Update Files]. Press and hold the PS button and select [Enter Rest Mode]. The power indicator on the PlayStation 4 system will turn orange.
How do I go back to previous iOS?
How to Go Back to a Previous Version of iOS on an iPhone
- Check your current iOS version.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Search Google for an IPSW file.
- Download an IPSW file on your computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Click Summary on the left navigation menu.
How do I delete an update on my iPhone?
Delete content manually
- Go to Settings > General > [device] Storage.
- Select any app to see how much space it uses.
- Tap Delete App. Some apps, such as Music and Videos, let you delete parts of their documents and data.
- Install the iOS update again. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
How do I rollback an iOS update?
From a backup in iTunes
- Download the IPSW file for your device and iOS 11.4 here.
- Disable Find My Phone or Find My iPad by heading to Settings, then tapping iCloud, and turning off the feature.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone.
How do I stop automatic updates?
To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
- Open Google Play.
- Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Auto-update apps.
- To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps.
Do iOS updates download automatically?
Turn on Updates to get Automatic Updates for apps. Any new versions of apps that you currently have on your device will automatically download when they’re available. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store and turn Use Cellular Data on or off.
How do I turn off automatic updates on App Store?
How to Enable Automatic App Updates in iOS
- Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone or iPad.
- Go to “iTunes & App Store”
- Under the ‘Automatic Downloads’ section, look for “Updates” and toggle that switch to the ON position.
- Exit out of Settings as usual.
How do I delete the iOS 10 update?
Part 2: How to Delete an Update on iPhone iOS
- Open “Settings” and choose “General”.
- Click “iPhone Storage” option.
- Scroll down and choose the iOS 11 update.
- Choose “Delete Update” and confirm to delete iOS update 11.
- Head to “Settings” app and select “General”.
- Then choose “Storage & iCloud Usage” option.
How do I stop Apple updates?
Change Your App Store Defaults
- Open System Preferences (under the Apple icon at the top left)
- Select App Store.
- Uncheck Download newly available updates in the background. Save. Make sure Install app updates and Install macOS updates are not checked. Leave install system data files and security update checked.
How do I get rid of software update available popup?
To temporarily remove the system software update notification icon
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Apps.
- Swipe to the ALL tab.
- Scroll down in the list of applications and select Software update.
- Select CLEAR DATA.
How do I uninstall latest Android update?
Method 1 Uninstalling Updates
- Open the Settings. app.
- Tap Apps. .
- Tap an app. All the apps installed on your Android device are listed in alphabetical order.
- Tap ⋮. It’s the button with three vertical dots.
- Tap Uninstall Updates. You will see a popup asking if you want to uninstall updates for the app.
- Tap OK.
Can you uninstall an app update on iPhone?
Uninstall app updates on iPhone has only one option, which is deleting the updated apps on iPhone directly. Long press the app you want to uninstall and it will appear a small “x” on the upper left of the app icon. To uninstall app updates, users often means to download the old version back.
How do I delete an OTA update file?
Delete OTA iOS update to free up space
- 1) Open Settings and go to General.
- 2) From the General menu tap on ‘Storage & iCloud Usage’.
- 3) Then tap on ‘Manage Storage’ option.
- 4) On this page look for the iOS x.x (replace x with software version such as 10.0.2) and tap on it.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”