Reset From Device
- Click on “Settings” and then on “General.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the General tab and click “Reset.”
- Tap “Erase all Content and Settings.”
- Enter your passcode (if you have set one) and confirm your reset by tapping “Erase iPhone.”
How do you restore a iPhone to factory settings?
Back up before you reset
- Tap Settings, then General. Scroll down until you see Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Now you will have to enter your Apple ID password.
- The reset process can take a minute or two, after which you’ll see the welcome screen asking you to swipe to continue.
How do I restore my iPhone to factory settings without iTunes?
Restore your device to factory settings. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. If you can’t access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.
How do you factory reset a locked iPhone?
To reset a device to default settings,turn the iPhone completely off. Next, open up iTunes on your computer and connect the USB cord to the computer but hold off on connecting the phone. Then press and hold the home button on your iPhone while simultaneously connecting the USB adapter to the phone.
How do I return my iPhone 6 to factory settings?
To reset your iPhone or iPad go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. After typing in your passcode if you’ve set one, you’ll get a warning box appear, with the option to Erase iPhone (or iPad) in red. Tap this.
How do I reset my iPhone to factory settings without restrictions passcode?
Solution Two: How to Reset Restriction Password (Forget Restriction Passcode)
- Ensure that ‘Find my iPhone’ is off, and backup your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Go to the ‘Summary’ tab, then click on ‘Restore iPhpne.’
- When asked to confirm, click on “Restore” again.
How do I restore my iPhone to factory settings if I forgot my password?
Connect your ios device to your mac or pc/laptop computer and open iTunes. 2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don’t let go when you see the Apple logo keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
How do I factory reset my iPhone without password or iTunes?
Part 2: Hard reset iPhone wihtout iTunes
- Firstly, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- You can release both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Wait for a few seconds until your iPhone boots up and you will see the home screen.
How do I reset my iPhone without the passcode or iTunes?
How to Reset iPhone without iTunes But with Password
- Step 1: On your iPhone, go to “Settings > General”.
- Step 2: Scroll down under general settings and select “Reset”.
- Step 3: Next up, tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Step 4: To confirm this process, enter your iPhone password when asked.
What’s a hard reset on iPhone?
Hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously for 20 seconds until you see the Apple logo on your iPhone. Release both buttons. Note: Hard reset option has to be considered only after doing a soft reset by restarting your iPhone to check for any change in behaviour of your iPhone.
Can you factory reset a locked iPhone 8?
To force restart (hard reset) the iPhone 8, press and release the Volume Up button, press and release the Volume Down button, and press and hold the Side button until your device reboots, then release. All three button presses should be done in relatively quick succession.
Can you factory reset a locked iPhone 7?
How to Factory Reset Locked iPhone with Recovery Mode. Plug your iPhone into your computer and launch iTunes. If your iPhone is an iPhone 7 or above, then press and hold the Sleep / Wake button and the Volume Down button together. Keep pressing them until the recovery mode screen comes up.
How do you factory reset a locked iPhone without a computer?
How to Reset iPhone without Passcode and Computer
- Go to www.icloud.com, and enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Click “All Devices” and select the device you want to factory reset.
- Download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your PC/Mac.
- Connect your iPhone using a USB cable.
- Download the firmware package for your iPhone.
- Click “Start Unlock”.
How do I factory reset my iPhone when its off?
If turning the iPhone off and back on again doesn’t fix the problem, or the iPhone is unresponsive when you try to turn it off, you have to reset it by doing the following: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
How do I factory reset my iPhone with buttons?
- Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
- You’ll be back in your home screen.
How do I reset my iPhone for a new user?
Follow these steps:
- If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
- Back up your device.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it.
How many attempts do you get for restrictions passcode?
Six failed attempts gets you a 1 minute lockout. Seven gives you 5 minutes, eight gives 15, and nine 1 hour. After ten failed attempts, the system will either lock you out completely or erase your data, depending on your settings.
What is the default restriction passcode for iPhone?
If you don’t remember that you have set up a Restriction passcode and your iPhone just ask you to enter Restriction passcode after an iOS update, you can try to enter the default Restrictions passcode: 1234.
How do I take restrictions off my iPhone?
Step 1: Go to Settings > General > Restrictions. Enter your Restrictions passcode. Step 2: Tap on Disable Restrictions, then enter Restrictions passcode.
How do you wipe an iPhone without the password?
2 Wipe iPhone without Passcode Through iCloud
- Login to your iCloud.com/find and enter your login details.
- Select “All Devices” on the top part of the browser.
- Select your device and click “Erase Device” to erase the device and its passcode.
- Now the device is available for restoration from a backup.
How do I reset my iPhone without the restrictions passcode?
Without the four-digit passcode restrictions can’t be changed. If you have forgotten your restrictions passcode you must restore your iPhone using iTunes to reset the passcode. When asked, do not restore the iPhone from backup, otherwise the old passcode you don’t know will be enabled.
How can I reset my iPhone without the Apple ID password?
How to reset Apple ID Password using iOS device:
- In your iOS device, go to settings and then enter “iCloud”.
- Tap on the email address which is present on top of the iCloud screen.
- You’ll find an option for “Forgot Apple ID or Password?”
- Now you’ll have to enter your Apple ID.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 6 without passcode?
First, connect your iPhone 6 to a computer, and open iTunes. When your iPhone 6 get connected, FORCE RESTART it by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and Home buttons at the same time, until you see the the recovery mode screen. Choose Restore when it asks you to Restore or Update.
Does soft reset delete everything on iPhone?
Soft-resetting your iPhone is simply a way to restart the device. You don’t delete any data at all. If apps are crashing, your phone can’t recognize connected device that it’s worked on before or your iPhone completely locks up, a soft reset can set things right.
Does hard reset delete everything iPhone?
If you mean a full restore, then resetting your iPhone via Hard Reset will erase all your data completely. All your iPhone settings and your private data will be erased and restored to the original state. If someone tells you that a hard reset hasn’t erase his data, it may be he just misleads restart/reboot as reset.
Does hard reset delete iPhone 7?
How to factory reset iPhone 7
- Go to your iPhone 7 Settings.
- Scroll down and tap ‘General’.
- Scroll all the way down and tap ‘Reset’.
- You’ll see a few options. You want to tap ‘Erase All Content and Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Erase iPhone’.
- Enter your Apple ID – another security measure.
- Tap ‘Erase’.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 with buttons?
To force restart (hard reset) the iPhone 7, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button + Volume Down button for 10 seconds. Because of the Home button change, it’s been replaced by the Volume Down button during the process.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 8 with buttons?
How to Force Restart or Hard Reset the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button (aka power) until you see the Apple logo.
How do you wipe out an iPhone?
How to erase all data from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase iPhone.
- Tap on Erase iPhone again to confirm.
- Enter your Passcode.
How can I erase my iPhone without iCloud password?
Wipe iPhone without iCloud Password If You Synced to iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to the computer you synced with.
- Launch iTunes, and wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup.
- Click “Restore iPhone”.
- When it reaches the “Set Up” page, you can choose to restore your device or set it up yourself.
How do you delete an Apple ID account on iPhone without password?
Users who want to delete their iCloud account without entering the password can follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings and press on iCloud.
- Step 2.When you tap on the iCloud option, you will be asked for the password.
- Step 3.Press ‘done’ after entering the random number.
- Step 4.Tap on OK and then Cancel.
How do I get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on my iPhone?
But you can remove an associated iOS device using the device that you want to remove.
- Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to enter your password.
- Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then tap Remove This Device.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”