- Step One: Download the iOS 10 restore image. Since you’re using iOS 11, you’ll have to download the older iOS 10 image.
- Step Two: Connect your iOS device to your computer. This is pretty self-explanatory.
- Step Three: Put your device into recovery mode.
- Step Four: Restore your iOS device.
Can you go back to iOS 10?
Apple is currently signing iOS 10 version updates for many devices including iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 models as shown by IPSW.me. If you want to downgrade your OS, get in quick before Apple reverts back to signing iOS 11.2 and later only.
How do I go back to previous iOS?
How to Go Back to a Previous Version of iOS on an iPhone
- Check your current iOS version.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Search Google for an IPSW file.
- Download an IPSW file on your computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Click Summary on the left navigation menu.
Can you undo an update on iPhone?
If you’ve recently updated to a new release of the iPhone Operating System (iOS) but prefer the older version, you can revert once your phone is connected to your computer. Browse to the “iPhone Software Updates” folder to locate your previous version of iOS.
How can I get iOS 10?
Go to the Apple Developer website, log in, and download the package. You can use iTunes to back up your data and then install iOS 10 on any supported device. Alternatively, you can download a Configuration Profile directly to your iOS device and then get the update OTA by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
How do I downgrade my iPad to iOS 10?
Downgrade from iOS 10 Beta to iOS 9
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Turn off Find My iPhone in the iCloud section of the Settings app.
- Turn off the iPhone or the iPad.
- Hold down the Home button while plugging the device into a PC or Mac running iTunes.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
How do I go back to previous iOS on my iPad?
From a backup in iTunes
- Download the IPSW file for your device and iOS 11.4 here.
- Disable Find My Phone or Find My iPad by heading to Settings, then tapping iCloud, and turning off the feature.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone.
Is it possible to downgrade iOS?
Not unreasonably, Apple doesn’t encourage downgrading to a previous version of iOS, but it is possible. Currently Apple’s servers are still signing iOS 11.4. You can’t go back any further, unfortunately, which could be an issue if your most recent backup was made while running an older version of iOS.
How do I uninstall an iOS 11 update?
For Versions before iOS 11
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
Can you undo an app update on iPhone?
Approach 2: Undo an app update by iTunes. In fact, iTunes is not only a useful tool to back up iPhone apps, but also a simple way to undo an app update. Step 1: Uninstall the app from your iPhone after App Store updated it automatically. Run iTunes, click on the Device icon at upper left corner.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How do I update my old iPad to iOS 11?
How to Update iPhone or iPad to iOS 11 Directly on the Device via Settings
- Back up the iPhone or iPad to iCloud or iTunes before beginning.
- Open the “Settings” app in iOS.
- Go to “General” and then to “Software Update”
- Wait for “iOS 11” to appear and choose “Download & Install”
- Agree to the various terms and conditions.
How do I update to iOS 10?
To update to iOS 10, visit Software Update in Settings. Connect your iPhone or iPad to a power source and tap Install Now. Firstly, the OS must download the OTA file in order to begin setup. After the download has finished, the device will then begin the update process and eventually reboot into iOS 10.
Can you update an old iPad to iOS 10?
Update 2: According to Apple’s official press release, the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, and fifth-generation iPod Touch will not run iOS 10. iPad Mini 2 and newer.
Can I downgrade iOS 12 to 11?
There’s still time for you to downgrade from iOS 12/12.1 to iOS 11.4, but it won’t be available for long. When iOS 12 is released to the public in September, Apple will stop signing iOS 11.4 or other prior releases, and then you will no longer be able to downgrade to iOS 11.
How do I install an older version of iOS?
To start, connect your iOS device to your computer, then follow these steps:
- Open up iTunes.
- Head to the “Device” menu.
- Select the “Summary” tab.
- Hold the Option key (Mac) or left Shift key (Windows).
- Click on “Restore iPhone” (or “iPad” or “iPod”).
- Open the IPSW file.
- Confirm by clicking the “Restore” button.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11 without computer?
However, you can still downgrade to iOS 11 without a backup, only you will have to start with a clean slate.
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your iPhone.
- Step 3Connect Your iPhone to iTunes.
- Step 4Install iOS 11.4.1 on Your iPhone.
- Step 5Restore Your iPhone from a Backup.
Can you downgrade from iOS 12?
iOS 12 backups won’t restore to your device once it’s running iOS 11. If you downgrade without a backup, be prepared to start from scratch. To get started with the downgrade, backup your iOS device to either iTunes or iCloud.
Can you downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update option, instead of restoring. Select the iOS 12.1.1 IPSW firmware file you had downloaded earlier. iTunes should now downgrade your iOS device to iOS 12.1.2 or iOS 12.1.1.
Does downgrading iOS delete everything?
There are two ways to restore iPhone with iTunes. The standard method does not delete your iPhone data when restoring. On the other hand, if you restore your iPhone with DFU mode, then all your iPhone data gets deleted.
Can you uninstall an update on iPhone?
How to remove downloaded software updates. 1) On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings and tap General. 3) Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it. 4) Select Delete Update and confirm you do want to delete it.
Can I get an older version of an app?
Yes! The App Store is clever enough to detect when you browse an app on a device that cannot run the latest version, and will offer to let you install an older version instead. However you do it, open the Purchased page, and find the app you want to install.
Can I un update an app?
Un-update an app with iTunes. If your iTunes version is 12.6 or earlier and you have an iTunes backup containing the old version, then follow these steps to un-update an app. Open iTunes and select your device, but remember do not sync your iPhone at this time. Step 4Click the Applications tab and select “Apps”.
How do I downgrade to iOS 11.1 2?
To downgrade or upgrade your iOS device(s) to iOS 11.1.2, follow these steps: 1) Make sure iOS 11.1.2 is still being signed when you try to do this. Otherwise, you’re wasting your time. You can use IPSW.me to check any firmware’s signing status in real time.
Is iOS 12.1 4 still being signed?
Apple stops signing iOS 12.1.4, thwarting downgrades from recently-released iOS 12.2. Apple on Thursday stopped signing iOS 12.1.4 for its mobile devices, a move on the Cupertino-based company’s part that prevents users from using iTunes to downgrade their firmware to any version below iOS 12.2.
How do I get into DFU mode?
iPad, iPhone 6s and below, iPhone SE and iPod touch
- Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Hold down both the Home button and Lock button.
- After 8 seconds, release the Lock button while continuing to hold down the Home button.
- Nothing will be displayed on the screen when the device is in DFU mode.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”